Introduction

STARTING

Nothing ever excited Lana Adara than mysteries stupid as that may sound it made her heart jump and her blood rush so it was a little maddening to realize she couldn't have as much mystery fun as she would have wanted when her mother decided to marry a second time.

Rich, prestigious, influential billionaire, put all the right luxuorious words and you would have basically created her stepfather literally, Alexander Cush his name may not be Gold but he did make up for it in every aspect.

Ten years ago before a certain Alexander Cush came into the picture her mom and her would take a James Hadley Chase novel and read it, it was basically her bedtime story her mom had even said from the womb anytime she said "mystery" she'd give a kick although she was yet to find out if her mother was joking or actually being frank, it was one of those unsolved mysteries sadly.

As a child her mom had even planted stupid treasures for her to find, it was childish but at that time she thought it as a life or death mystery situation funny as that may sound it was better than nothing and one of those childhood memories she would cherish for life.

When you would think it was only in young adult novels that a man who happened to be rich falls in love with a waitress who happened to be serving a coffee nope her mom had to prove her wrong and, to top it up the young adults in question happened to be older than forty then putting the tasty cherry right on top they both had little versions of themselves.

Nothing ever changed Lana Adara, not the day her mother and father divorced, not the day her mother got married to a rich billionaire and certainly not the day she had to move to a whole new and different place.

Nothing ever made Lana Adara amused, not the fact that her stepdad had a big mansion, not the expensive new school she attended and most importantly not the popular rich fake friends she had.

The only thing she may have found amusing was maybe the fact that her arrogant stepbrother was in love with a blind kind girl not because of Cara's condition but because she couldn't stand her stepbrother yet the girl had not only accepted his behavioral challenges but had also captured his heart she would never understand how that happened but what really is important is that nothing ever made Lana Adara more curious than the boy in the black hood.

Dorran Alvarez they said was his name. The boy who had never been seen by anyone at least that was what she thought, he was a mystery to everybody and Lana certainly was not an exception.

No one would have known his gender if not for his name, even his name was nothing but a big box of mystery to her, it only made her more curious.

He was the boy that always got bullied by the popular boys without a single complaint or even as much as to try to defend himself. She would have thought he enjoyed it if not that she knew better the right explanation would be he was rather used to it but even with that she wondered if it were possible to get used to being bullied, she knew she couldn't.

They mostly had the same class but she doubted he ever noticed her but not her, not Lana, the more she noticed him the more she wanted to know about him and if she didn't uncover anything about him it was going to drive her nuts.

She had spent a little more than two years in her school yet she knew nothing, nothing about him yet.

She started really noticing him few months ago when she clocked Eighteen and her stepfather had bought a car for her, before then it was the chauffeur that took her to school early and back home immediately school was over so she mostly never had enough time to notice anything, but since she got her red volkswagen golf she came home whenever she pleased, her mom didn't like that but she didn't care what her mom thought, not anymore.

Few days ago immediately after school was over she had gone with her friends to hang out with them and it was already late when she left them and decided to leave for home, on getting to her car she saw a hooded figure standing close to her car.

She got all worried and scared. She had heard all sorts of stories about hooded figure and they were certainly not the ones she enjoyed, stories ranging from kidnaps to murders and she had sworn to stay away from black hooded figures or at least make sure there were enough people around to help incase it came to that.

Lana was scared and worried but she wanted to find out if it was true, if people under hoodies were actually as dangerous as they made them seem in stories, she knew she could be endangering her life especially when no one was around the place she was at that time but it was worth trying she thought.

"hello," she had said on that fateful day but what she got wasn't something she had expected at all, the hooded figure got all tensed by the way his shoulder straightened. The next thing that happened was the racing of the hooded figure.

It was unexpected and Lana couldn't stop herself from opening her mouth like a fish. Were hooded figures the opposite of what people thought, but one thing was sure she was going to find out more on who that person was and that was how Lana began her quest, her quest on finding out who exactly the boy in the black hoodie was.

Nothing ever made her blood rush more than uncovering what shouldn't be uncovered, Dorran Alvarez.

             Author's Note
1. This whole thing is kind of strange because it is the first time I write in a 3rd person's POV.

2. There are going to be errors and I do not promise to edit as soon as I can. I do hope you enjoy the rest of this book.

                                         1060 words.