Reminiscences

Lana didn't understand, what did the scar on his face have to do with his two mothers and most importantly, what did he mean by he had two mothers?

"I don't understand what you mean", she admitted her face which showed full evidence of her confusion.

"I know", he said with a smirk as he paused for a while before he continued "one of my mothers wasn't able to give birth to a child because she did not have a womb", Dorran said as she nodded for him to continue.

"so her egg was fertilized by my father's sperm in another woman's womb, my second mother", Dorran said as realization of what he meant fully hit on Lana.

Her face showed relief and realization, she was pretty sure there was a biological term for all he said.

"my surrogate mother had twins", Dorran said.

Lana looked at him like he just admitted that he was Michael Jackson "you have a twin?"

"you have a twin", she said again as if trying to understand the concept, he looked at her for a split second before he gave her a short nod.

"awesomesauce", she shouted in amusement while her lips spread into a smile as Dorran looked at her In wonders then annoyance.

"do you always interrupt people's speeches?" he asked the look of annoyance clearly written on his half scarred half normal face.

"sorry", Lana said giving out a nervous smile as she showed a sign of her mouth being Zipped.

"my surrogate mother, her name was Sienna, she left my brother with my other mother and ran away with me", he said putting his hands on his face and sighed before he continued.

"Sienna had a husband, his name was Ramon but they were poor that was why she went to act as a surrogate to earn money but then that was what also ruined her marriage life with Ramon", he said clenching and unclenching his fists.

"during the pregnancy, she had complications and that complication led to her not being able to give birth ever, so that was why Ramon hated me, he hated me so much", he said as Lana could see now how uneasy he felt saying the name Ramon from the force he used to say that name to the way his body shook and then there was the constant clenching of his hand.

"he always did and always will just like I do him, he burnt my face as a little child, I was lucky it was only half of my face", he said his Jaws tightly pressed together.

Lana couldn't just imagine what Dorran had went through as a child, it was not his fault sienna faced complications, he had been in so much pain and he still was, he couldn't get over those incidents and she didn't blame him.

Lana knew that even though her father and mother always had constant fights they still loved her and cared for her, even her stepfather treated her right.

"I am sorry", she said as sincerely as she could, she knew that no one deserved to go through all that Dorran had gone through.

"the bastard, on the very last day I saw him he almost killed her, sometimes I wonder how my mom ever met that pathetic Arsehole", he said tears threatening to spill out of his eyes.

"that very last day I saw him, he beat my mother to pulp and finally shot her and now, now she is in a coma", Dorran said as Lana stared in shock, her mouth opening and closing.

"he ran away and never came back and it is good that way because if ever I see him I'd make sure the next time he is awake he would be in his grave", Dorran said slightly sniffing.

"I am sorry that you had to go through all that", Lana said as she came closer to Dorran after a long time of debating whether to touch him or not she finally put her hand on his back rubbing it and drawing circles.

He sighed as Lana felt quite guilty for making him reminisce on his painful moments and past, he surely had suffered a lot even from his birth.

Why would anyone do that to a child? That was just plain wickedness, she just didn't understand why people were like that, so ruthless and wicked, so selfish and stupid.

People were so insane and crazy and get angered by even an innocent person.

Dorran Alvarez faced her as she placed her hands on his scared face which made him shut his eyes.

He finally opened his eyes, his emerald green eyes making contact with her coffee brown eyes, he knew something, somehow they were connected.

He placed his hands on her face as he inched forward till his nose finally made contact with hers and he did something he swore never to do, he kissed her.

He kissed her do fiercely, he kissed her like there was no other tomorrow, he kissed away his sorrow, he kissed her till they were both out of breath.

Author's note

How was this chapter?

It is kind of shorter than the usual chapters and for that I apologize due to the reason that the book is soon to end.

Four more chapters or less to go before the completion of this book.

😉
       Happy new year
Sorry for the late greetings.