Ch 7- Remi

"Oh.  My.  God! " Shay squawked at me with her jaw still on the floor. I'm not even sure the door was fully closed by the time Shay let loose.

I picked up my cup and held it to my lips to hide my grin. Looking at Shay as the cogs in her head reeled. I hadn't even swallowed my sip before she stomped over to me and started her interrogation.

"Spill. Now!"

All I could do was laugh, cheeks heated. "What do you want to know?" Setting my cup back down, I played my fingertips around the rim. Averting my gaze to the sweet caramel-colored liquid in front of me.

"Everything! How did that happen?" She flailed her hand at the door. "Was that the guy from your table last night? What did you do? Please tell me you fucked him! I bet he is amazing in bed. Was he amazing in bed? How big is he? What about.." She continued but I had started tuning her out. My head was still filtering through her questions, bringing up the sensations that came from remembering my night with Micah. 

Standing in my kitchen, my best friend wanted to know about Micah. I almost wanted to tell her. She had been one of my closest friend's since forever. This was something that we did: kissing and telling. Especially the steamy ones, and Micah was as steamy as I'd gotten in a long time and I hadn't even get dicked!

None of my friends really liked Ben and tried to discourage the relationship, but I hadn't listened. I was blinded by his flattery and awesome dick work. It took me two years to see some of the things they saw. His overconfidence in with ignorant comments. Controlling behavior and disrespect. I think I had started emerging from my fog when he threw a tantrum because I wouldn't drive out to see him one night, after working a double shift. He wasn't worth the risk of driving my tired ass to his house, in Maryland.

"Shay!" I bursted out. She hadn't stopped rattling on in her verbal assault of thoughts and questions. "Breathe woman! I'll be happy to tell you as long as you tell me what's going on with you and Dustin."

Shay's eagerness to know all about my night faded. With a huff she said, "Fine. I caught Caroline at Dustin's last weekend. They weren't doing anything and he claims that she came over to get the last bit of her things, but I don't know if I believe him. Her body language shouted that there was something more happening. I really haven't wanted to press him on it because he gets snappy when I bring her up. It's whatever. I'll figure it out." Caroline was Dustin's ex. They had almost been engaged at one point, but he had left her for Shay.  At a flip of a switch she was done sharing her personals and ready for me to share. "Your turn. I don't want Dustin to plague our day."

I gave her a weak smile because I knew better than to push the subject. After she had originally voiced her dislike for Ben, she dropped it. She knew that our friendship meant more in the long run than any boys that entered or exited our lives.

Taking a deep breath, I faced her and started filling her in about my night. Shay poured herself a cup of coffee and we drifted to the living room. She had left towards the end of the night and I hadn't had time to tell her about Ben stopping by. I started there. As I told her about what had happened, we settled on the couch and curled up next to each other. She voiced her concern and anger while telling me to keep my distance from him. Nothing I wasn't already planning to do already.

Her eyes grew wide when I told her about the tip that the Moretti's left me. Summing up Dave's nasty attitude towards me, the write-up, and what happened when I finally left.

"He came out of nowhere and acted like my damn lover. Calling me his 'baby girl,' you should have seen Ben's face! He was so pissed." I purposefully left out my overwhelming fear of the hatred I'd seen in Ben's eyes. I recapped the drive home and getting to know Micah in the kitchen. Watching her reaction. Her jaw seemed dislocated as the gawked at me. "What?"