Ch 13- Remi

The night I cooked dinner for us. The problem was Micah seemed distant. He was lost in his own thoughts and didn't speak much. Claiming that it had been a long day with his cousins and had some family ordeal. I wasn't buying it, but who was I to make assumptions about what was going on in his life? 

That night there was no attempt on either of our parts to try to seduce or provoke misbehavior, which just affirmed my thoughts that there was something he wasn't saying to me.

Brushing aside the thoughts about what he may or may not have been hiding, the rest of the week went smoothly. I picked up a shift on Wednesday night to counter the fact I'd taken a day off. 

My mirror arrived in the morning, and it was larger than I remembered. Floor to ceiling, it was bordered by a gorgeous, thick, black frame. Thankfully the guys who delivered it were willing to place it for me. I could have asked Micah to help me but he had a meeting with Giovanni that he couldn't miss. 

Although he stayed with me, he had been rushing out as soon as we were up. When Thursday rolled around, I wasn't even excited to see Giovanni. 

Giovanni came in with two younger men who looked like they could have been professional bodybuilders. Their faces looked very similar but there were slight differences in how they carried themselves. If I were to have guessed, they were twins or potentially close in age but brothers for sure. 

"Remi!"

"Giovanni, good to see you again. Has it been a week already?" Both of the men arched a brow at me, reminding me of the way Micah looked at me when I first met him. One of the two wore an amused smirk that told me he was more rebellious than the other. 

Before Micah, he was a man I'd flirt with and try to make bad choices with. With his smirk, the more casual of the men stepped forward, taking my hand in his, he brought it to his mouth. Kissing my knuckles he introduced himself.

"Good evening. I'm Nero. Giovanni didn't say anything about goddesses working here." Standing again, my hand still in his, I looked to Giovanni for some support. Was this guy for real?

"Nero, stand down. This is Remi and you will behave." Giovanni firmly planting his hand on Nero's chest and forcing him to step back. A surge of relief flooded me, knowing that Giovanni wouldn't let him overstep. Putting his hand on the small of my back, he led me to his table. "How have you been? Did you decide for next month?" 

"I'm doing pretty well. As far as next month, I was thinking about doing dinner with friends and making a donation to the hospital for further research." Without a word, he wrapped me in a hug. He smelled expensive and his arms were a welcome comfort.

As I took their order, it was hard to avoid Nero's eyes. Smiling politely, it felt as though he was undressing me with every shifted glance. 

"I almost forgot, another one of my nephews will be joining us. Running late as usual. Wait, you met him last week, Micah. Do you remember?" 

"I do. Do you want me to put in an order for him, or wait until he gets here?" It wasn't hard to reign in my excitement to see him, he had been a total ass. We hadn't talked about making our relationship official or public, so I wasn't certain what he had told his uncle. 

Thinking about how Gio had stated 'another one of my nephews,' so these two were his nephews. Were they the twins Micah had mentioned? They were both heavily muscled and extremely attractive. Dark hair, light eyes. The one who introduced himself as Nero had tattoos peeking out from the edges of his long sleeve shirt.

"Just wait. I'm not sure how late he will be."

"Not a problem. I'll be right back with your drinks."