The Past Just Sticks

"Barry..." Iris started.

He just finished explaining high school. Caitlin was the most surprised, she wouldn't even look at Barry.

"Just don't say anything, Iris. I know it's bad, and it's okay if you need time," he assured.

"Well I need time! Barry, please tell me what you said isn't real! You could never be like that!" Caitlin yelled. She was crying. Cisco hugged her.

"I'm sorry, Caitlin! I only acted like that because I didn't want to bullied!" Barry said. "But that's not really a good excuse."

"I-I just never thought you would ever act like that! I'm sorry, I just need to be alone." Caitlin said. She let go of Cisco, and ran out the door.

"I just wanted to say that even though I knew you at that time and would have been extremely mad, that was then. This is now. So I'm not mad, but I wouldn't say the same about Caitlin." Iris told Barry.

"Thanks," Barry said. He wasn't really feeling that great, though. No one else had said anything that could comfort him. No one even talked. They all just stared at him like they had never seen him before.

"Yeah... I have to go now," he said. It was starting to get uncomfortable. Barry just really needed to go for a run.

~

"Well... That's just..." Joe started.

"Weird?" Cisco completed this sentence.

Everyone else except Joe, Felicity, Cisco, Oliver, and Iris had left. Harry left because of... issues with his oven.

"I feel like a terrible person now!" Felicity cried.

"Why? The only thing you did was bring us here." Iris asked.

"Exactly! If I wasn't such a nosy person, none of this would have happened! Now Caitlin's mad at Barry!" Felicity rambled. Iris hugged her, because hugging seemed to be working today.

"Felicity, it was going to get out sooner or later." Oliver said. Iris and Felicity looked at him quizzically.

"And how would you know?" Cisco asked. Joe nodded, like he was also suspicious.

"I already knew about all of this." Oliver explained. Before anyone could say anything, he continued. "Remember, Iris, the concert? That was with his high school. You saw him singing. And, we were out having coffee when I met some of his... People who didn't like him from school? That's where I found out."

"Why didn't I know..." Iris stared into the ground, like there was a tough stain on it she was having trouble getting out.

"He didn't want to tell me, either. It kind of just came up." Oliver answered. Iris didn't answer him.

"It would have come up sooner because Barry's school and another school are having a reunion in 5 days."

"Really? Are we invited?" Cisco asked, grinning. Felicity perked up, excited by the news.

"That could be fun," Joe said, more to himself than to anyone else. Iris nodded, smiling.

"The only thing is that Barry does not want to go," Oliver informed them. "He thinks everyone will hate him. So if you guys really want to go, we need to get Barry to want to go."

They all thought for a while. "Oh! I have an idea!" Iris said. "It'll involve those Glee clubs..."

~

Before Blaine could call the restaurant, he got an anonymous call. It had a Missouri area code, so he answered.

"Hello? This is Blaine Anderson."

"Hello? Hi Blaine. You've met me before. It's Oliver."

Sebastian's boyfriend? What could he want? Blaine thought. "Oh hey Oliver! What do you need?"

"A favor. It involves getting Barry... Sebastian to go to the reunion by singing. Are you in?"

Blaine fist bumped the air. "Yeah! What is it? I can get the Warblers to—"

"Not the just the Warblers. I also want the New Directions to sing. I was thinking that if  both groups could sing to Bar- Sebastian, he might want to go."

"That's a great idea! I can get the Warblers and New Directions to preform!"

"Great! I was thinking tomorrow at 5 pm. Does that work?"

"Yeah. Okay, I'll call you if anything changes. Bye Oliver!" Blaine hung up.

He ran to the bedroom where Kurt was sitting. "Change of plans, Kurt! We're going to the reunion place we rented once I call everyone to meet us there."

Kurt frowned. "But I'm hungry..." Blaine was already making the calls.

~

The reunion place was a really good place for Glee club reunions, considering how much Jeff and Nick spent on it. It had dozens of foldable circular tables stacked up in the corner, along with the plastic foldable chairs. There was a stage that both Glee clubs could probably fit on. About 15 lazers were spred out on the massive ceiling. A disco ball in the middle of the room over a dancefloor would would look amazing turned on with the lights tuned off.

It only cost about 150 dollars for two weeks of rent. The only other things they would need to buy was food and plastic table covers, they'll be all set for the reunion.

The stage was also perfect for practicing choreograph in private. The Warblers and New Directions were going to practice "Poker Face." It was recommended by Oliver to sing to Sebastian. Blaine didn't really understand why, but it seemed like he barley knew Sebastian anymore.

The choreography was pretty easy, but they were going to preform it the next day.

~

As Barry ran, he felt better. Running has always done that. It's like a release from the real world. For Barry, it technically was. Everything except for him would stop moving. He could do anything without being caught. He could rob a bank, steal something...

But he didn't. Barry didn't act that way.

You know who does, though? Sebastian. And his inner Sebastian was fired up. Mad at everyone. It was hard to restrain the urge to just do something irrational.

Sebastian can't take over. He almost did when you were affected by that meta. It almost stuck. You can't let that happen, Barry. No matter how much Seb tried to apologise for the mistakes, he can't be forgiven. And you can't be forgiven for letting him out.

No one understood that. Sebastian wasn't a feeling of anger and everything Sebastian was, he was more. Sebastian was an alternative ego. One that will never go away.

One that will stick.

That's why he was afraid of going to the reunion. Afraid of telling his friends. These people who were in Sebastian's path just came back. So will Sebastian come back, too? For good?

____________________________

Guys

I took this way too far. The last part of this chapter alone sounds like a prologue to another book.

Well, I've been thinking of making another Barry/Sebastian book. Not a sequel for this, but a completely different book. After I finish this one.

So after that, Barry is going to be a little different because he doesn't want Sebastian to take over. He's been hiding the fact that Sebastian is his alter ego, bad that he hasn't really changed.

Sorry for my rambling. Bye!