Blue Diamond: Repeat

There was not a shred of happiness left in this world. There couldn't be.

        She had mourned the loss of the youngest Diamond for millennia — tearing at herself inside, blaming herself. . .

        And, when she had been given a ray of hope, when she had thought that maybe, just maybe, her suffering was at an end . . . she had been taken away from her again.

        The loss had spilled forward, bathing everything in blue, washing through minds and dampening hope . . . and yet, as she had expected some sort of load to be taken from her chest, transferred to others as it so often happened . . . she had instead received even worse.

        The collective pain of Pink's new family was agony. The cross-fusion had fallen apart, her components' forms so dreadfully tormented that they crumbled and retreated to their gems. The Quartz collapsed, the human screamed. . .

        And that Pearl.

        The despair, the stabbing regret radiating from that one, was like nothing Blue Diamond had ever felt. The fresh pain was sharp, inundating, like the pinnacle of misery, and even underneath that she could feel some quiet, drawn-out mourning. Who knew such a lowly Gem could be capable of feeling so much. . .? Of being so broken?

        It wouldn't stop. Please stop. The pain was jackhammering in her chest, and her mind was painfully blank. She felt something tugging at her, pushing, pulling, and then there was no more strain on her legs.

        A faint murmuring. Her name?

        "Blue . . . listen to me."

        Yellow. She tried to turn to the voice, but something held her steady.

        "Blue. I'll figure this out, alright? You don't have to do anything more."

        Nothing?

        "Nothing. Just sit."

        Just sit.

        She could do that, she supposed.