Pearl: Panic

Pearl had only just entered the sound-proofed complex when she found herself watching through the windows, eyes wide in panic, as Homeworld went dark before her eyes. Still her feet pounded on the hall floor, Garnet on her heels.

        She didn't have time to question the cut. Not now. At least, not too much.

        Such a significant cut of power could mean one of three things. 1) White Diamond was severely inundated and could not keep up the flow of energy, which would result in the downfall of Homeworld society. 2) Homeworld was under an emergency shutdown. 3) White Diamond was on the move — and she had, as far as Pearl knew, not budged an inch in 6,000 years.

        None of these options were favourable in the least.

        "Garnet!" she called over her shoulder. "Use your future vision! Can you see anything? Anything at all?"

        The fusion was silent for a moment, save for the echo of her heavy footsteps. "It's White Diamond," she shouted back. "She's declared an emergency shutdown and severed all outgoing power. Steven's with her Pearl."

        "Then that's who we're looking for," Pearl gritted, straining forward. They whizzed down corridors, mainly operating off her memory of the complex — with Garnet's occasional correctional shout.

        It had only been a few minutes before Yellow Diamond's voiced boomed throughout the corridors. Pearl kept running, blinking back tears. Do it for her.

        Garnet called back to her again. "I can't see Amethyst. I don't know if she's safe, I— oh! I think— I can't—"

        It was at that moment, distracted by Garnet's voiced train of thought, that Pearl smacked into something incredibly hard and was knocked to the floor.

        "Hey, watch it!" a familiar voice groaned.

        The pained haze in her mind cleared instantly. "Amethyst?"