Garnet: Rush

The hope in Garnet's chest was quickly extinguished.

        The Amethyst on the floor was much larger than their Amethyst, and her gem was smack-bang in the middle of her forehead. It also looked like she was missing a tooth.

        Pearl quickly arrived at the same realisation. "No," she moaned. "No, no, no! Amethyst! Have you seen her? Amethyst?"

        The soldier on the floor looked understandably surprised.

        "The small Amethyst from Earth," Garnet supplied.

        There was a glint of recognition in the Quartz's eyes but she pursed her lips.

        "We're with her — we've got to—"

        "Have you seen her?? Where is she? Is she okay?"

        Surprisingly, Pearl's frantic questions were what spurred the soldier into action.

        "I— I don't know," she confessed, getting to her feet. "But I was just going down to the Courtyards. She's prob'ly down there with everyone else."

        "Oh!— Garnet, quick!"

        The fusion didn't move. "Is there a way to get down from here?"

        The guard blinked at them. "There's a door down the hall that opens right onto it."

        "Okay! Okay. Garnet, let's go."

        In what seemed like seconds they were standing in what looked like the Yellow Courtyard. Gems were rushing past them in crowds so thick they pressed the Crystal Gems up to the wall.

        Garnet could see Pearl trying to vain to squeeze through but to no avail. When a gap appeared in the masses, the slender Gem tensed, and Garnet hurriedly steadied her with a hand.

        "Pearl, there's too many of them. We'll never get though — not like this."

        Pearl spun to her, wide-eyed and frantic. "Then what will we do?!"

        The fusion gave her shoulder a squeeze.

        "Pearl, will you fuse with me?"

        The smaller Gem was silent for a moment, then nodded. "For her— for him."