━━ chapter three.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘❝ 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 ❞

LUKE'S EYES fluttered open, bright lights blaring as he groans in pain. The lights were blinding his vision, before soon he sits up on what seems to be an examination table. His abdomen throbbed in pain, running his tongue over his lip to feel the clotted cut brushing against it. His head was bandaged all the way around, feeling dizzy as he tried to sit up.

His eyes readjusting to the light in the room, he realises where he seemed to be. The room appeared to be a laboratory, filled with high end technology and sleek walls covering every corner. A large window outlooking what seemed to be a landscape, Luke jumping off the table before winching in pain. He walked towards the window, gazing out as he stared at the beautiful landscape, the look of awe in his eyes. His hands press against the cold glass, before a reflection catches his attention. Luke turns around, startled once he meets the gaze of an unknown girl.

"You're finally awake. For a minute there, I thought you were dead." she stated.

"Um...I'm glad I'm not I guess." Luke shrugged.

"So why did you decide to join my brother's fight?" she asked. Luke blinked several times, thinking back to what he could remember.

"It felt like the right thing to do, I guess." Luke mumbled.

"Well, you could've died." she shakes her head.

"W-where am I exactly?" Luke asked.

"Wakanda, Luke Cho." Luke's eyes widened once he heard his name leaving her mouth.

"Wait! How do you know my name?" he stuttered.

"Well, my brother told me to make sure you stay alive. Also I kind of did some research on you. You're quite fascinating. Your body's molecular structure is completely different compared to a normal human being."

"What do you mean you researched me?" The girl rolled her eyes at Luke's incompetence.

"I searched for records matching your face."

"That's creepy."

"Well, considering the fact that you were stalking about near the casino my brother entered, makes me suspicious of you." she glared at the confused boy.

"You're Shuri."

"Took you long enough to recognise my voice." Shuri chuckled. She walked around the open space of her laboratory, tinkering with some of the technical equipment used by her brother. Luke was not sure what to do, continuing to stare out of the window.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Shuri speaks up.

"It looks like a painting." Luke said. Shuri scans Luke with a small device, checking the tiny screen to see the results. A satisfied smile appears on her face, Luke soon feeling flustered seeing her that way.

"Your body temperature has stabilised. It took me hours for it to finally regulate at the optimal temperature level."

"Yeah well...body temperature is something different when it comes to me."

"Because of your powers?"

"Yeah. It's not even been that long...since I first got them." A flame soon appears between Luke's fingers, twirling the small fire.

"Take a seat. I want to know more about this." Shuri gestured for him to sit down. Hesitantly, Luke obeyed her, sitting on a chair across from Shuri. Luke's eyes scanned the intricate details of her braided hair. He lowered his line of sight, biting on the insides of his cheeks after feeling embarrassed. He did not mean to stare but he couldn't help himself. Shuri did look pretty to him.

"Well...it happened two months ago." Luke started his story, explaining the night of being exposed to a foreign mist. He remembers the feeling of being cocooned in the black shell, the choking sensation around his neck as the liquid black substance crawled all over his skin.

"What exactly are your powers?" Shuri furrowed her eyebrows.

"Well, so far I can manipulate fire. I also found out that I'm quite agile. Although I did end up with a concussion." Luke sheepishly smiled. Shuri could not help herself as she chuckled softly.

"Does your family know?" she asked.

"Yes, they do." Mentioning his family brings Luke back to reality. His family. They do not know where he is. Panic takes over, tapping the soles of his shoes against the clean floors.

"Are you okay?"

"My family. I need to get back home!" Luke rambled, jumping out of the chair as he paced back and forth. He felt the fire coursing through his veins, fingers heating up at the tips. Shuri stopped his movements once holding him in place by his shoulders. The simple skin contact makes her wince in pain, fanning her hands.

"That hurts." she sighed.

"Sorry. I tend to overheat when I'm overwhelmed or stressed."

"You should've warned me about that Luke." Shuri groaned.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about your family. My brother already contacted them. You're safe here."

"Does this mean I have to stay here?"

"For now. Maybe I can help you figure out your powers." Shuri suggested.

"No offence but my sister is a geneticist and she does not even know why I am this way."

"Well, I'm not your sister but I can help you nonetheless. You're looking at the girl who created all of the equipment my brother uses in the field." Shuri smirked. Luke stares at her in surprise.

"Wait...so you own this laboratory?"

"Of course. Wait, did you think I simply worked here for someone else?" she laughed.

"Sorry." Luke ruffled his hair awkwardly.

"I'll forgive you this time, Luke Cho." she smiled.

"You can just call me Luke." he sighed. The doors leading into the laboratory swing open, inside T'Challa storming through carrying a man in his arms.

"Shuri!" T'Challa called out. Shuri leaves Luke alone, heading towards the examining table Luke recently occupied.

"Why did you bring him to Wakanda, T'Challa?" Shuri glared at her older brother.

"He saved Nakia's life. We have to save him." T'Challa said.

"Okay." Shuri simply nodded. T'Challa notices Luke's presence, walking towards the young boy. A sense of relief clear on his face, resting a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm glad you are alive." he said.

"She saved me." Luke's eye look back to Shuri.

"I knew she would. Thank you for your help." he said, walking away from Luke and exiting the laboratory.

"Luke! Make yourself useful and help me out!" Shuri called out.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

UNEDITED

a/n: that seems like a filler chapter but anyway i tried. i tend to be harsh on myself and my writing but i just want to get better. anyway, thanks for reading!