━━ chapter six.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫❝ 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 ❞

"ERIK STEVENS." Ross speaks. Luke glances around the room, watching attentively as the king and Nakia stare at the American in complete interest. Luke did not understand how he ended up in this situation. A thought in the back of his mind made him realise he should've not gotten involved. He should've been a normal guy. He regrets every careless decision he has made the last few months.

"Joined the SEALs and went straight to Afghanistan where he wrapped up, confirmed kills, like it was a video game. Started calling him Killmonger. He joined a JSOC ghost unit. Now these guys are serious. They will drop off the grid so they can commit assassinations and take down governments." The copious amounts of information thrown around the room, causing Luke to appear confused by all of it. Shuri shakes her head disapprovingly at Luke. He sighed to himself. He knew he should not be here.

"Did he reveal anything about his identity?" T'Challa asked.

"He has a war dog tattoo but we have no record of him." Shuri speaks up. T'Challa walked towards the screen displaying the profile of the man named Erik Stevens.

"The tribe elders wishes to see you." Okoye appears. T'Challa nodded, Okoye leaving the laboratory immediately.

"Stay here. All of you." T'Challa informed them.

"T'Challa..." Nakia interrupted.

"Take care of Luke and Ross." T'Challa requested from her. Nakia nodded, as the four individuals watched the king leave.

"Shuri. Come." T'Challa said.

"Yes brother." Luke quickly grabbed her wrist, Shuri staring completely confused at him.

"Be careful." Luke whispered.

"I'll be fine." she reassured him, as Luke watched her leave the laboratory with T'Challa.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

LUKE SNEAKS through the hallways, making sure not to draw attention to himself. Managing to sneak away from Nakia's watch was easier than he expected or maybe she simply did not want Luke to be uninformed about the current situation he unknowingly placed himself in. The news of the American who managed to kill Klaue spread throughout the city. The tribe elders of Wakanda filled the room. Luke watched through the slit between the doors, seeing T'Challa standing face to face with the individual named Erik Stevens. He sees Shuri standing next to her brother, near the throne. His skin heating up, trying to calm his nerves in order to prevent grabbing any sort of attention.

"Speak." W'Kabi says.

"I'm standing in your house serving justice to a man who stole your Vibranium and murdered your people. Justice your king couldn't deliver." the man spoke.

Luke watched as T'Challa immediately leaves the seat of his throne, seeing the look of frustration clear along the king's face.

"I don't care that you brought Klaue. Only reason I don't kill you where you stand is because I know who you are." T'Challa said.

"What does that mean?" Luke mumbled to himself.

"Now what do you want?" T'Challa asks him.

"I want the throne." the man said.

The other tribe members snicker at the request. The man speaks of the world needing weapons, mentioning the metal called Vibranium. Luke only heard of the metal when Shuri explained her blasters. This precious metal is the source and life of Wakanda.

"Our weapons will not be used to wage war on the world. It is not our way to be judge, jury and executioner for people who are not our own." T'Challa bluntly responded.

"Not your own? Didn't life start on this continent?" the man asked.

"I am not the king of all people. I am king of Wakanda and it is my responsibility to make sure our people are safe and that Vibranium does not fall into the hands of a person like you."

"Reject his request."

Luke sees the mother of T'Challa and Shuri speak up.

"Ask who I am." the man suddenly requests.

"You're Erik Stevens. An American black operative. A mercenary nicknamed Killmonger. That's who you are." Shuri speaks up.

"That's not my name, princess. Ask me, king."

"What is going on?" Luke mumbles to himself. The meeting seemed to be taking a strange turn.

"No." T'Challa said.

Luke was startled once voice shout in the room, jerking backwards from the door. His hands pressed against the wall behind him. He curses once he sees burn marks shaped like his hands scorch the walls. This was his time to head back to the laboratory. Luke shuffled on his way, hoping he did not make a sound.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHURI RETURNED to the laboratory, Luke noticing the distraught look across her face. She bangs her fists on the table near her blasters. Ross and Luke jump in surprise.

"What's wrong?" Ross asks Luke.

"It's better that we do not interfere in the business of the Wakandans." Luke said.

"I get what you mean." Ross agreed. Shuri walks up to Luke, taking his hand with her own. Luke looked at her confused, worried as he saw the look across her face.

"Are you okay, Shuri?" Luke asked.

"Keep this with you." she said. Opening the palm of his hand, Shuri places a pair of kimoyo beads in his hand.

"Shuri..."

"I have to be by the waterfall. T'Challa is fighting against...our cousin." Shuri said.

"Cousin! What!" Luke stared at her in surprise.

"Don't worry. My brother will defeat him. Stay safe and keep an eye on General Ross." she patted his shoulder.

"Okay."

"I'm sorry you got wrapped up into this mess." Shuri apologised before leaving her alone with Ross in the laboratory.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

UNEDITED

a/n: okay so seeing as i'm focusing on one story at a time on this account, expect posts on random days in the coming week. i promise this will be done before endgame. actually don't hold me to that promise because life can get in the way of things. anyway, enjoy and i'll soon start writing for stardust once this is complete as well as working on the prologue for icarus.