━━ chapter eight.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧❝ 𝐉𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐈 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐄 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝐉𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐈 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐄 ❞

THE NEWS of T'Challa's death after the challenge against the man who is his own blood relative, it was quite alarming to the young individual.

Blankets covered them all, Luke refusing one for himself. The powers be possessed kept his body temperature up. He noticed the others shivering due to the cold air. He outstretched his hand, flames surrounding his palm. Shuri looks at him, seeing the pain in her eyes. He didn't like seeing his friend in such a manner.

"First baba and now my brother." Tears rolled down Shuri's face, as she held on tightly to her mother. Luke wished he could comfort her, however he did not know what it feels like to lose his own family. He spent years resenting himself for not being good enough for his own family instead of just loving them just as they loved him.

"Shuri..." Ramonda rubs her daughter's side.

"Mama, we didn't even get to bury him." Shuri finally breaks. Luke's heart aches, seeing her in such pain.

Rustling in the bushes behind them startles Ramonda, as she unsheathes a disc like blade while both of Luke's hands were engulfed in fire. Nakia returns, General Ross accompanying her.

"It's me." Nakia raises her hands. The fire around Luke's hands died out, the gold glow that kept them warm remaining silent.

"Who is this man?" Ramonda points her weapon at Ross.

"He's a friend of T'Challa's. He saved my life."

"Where's Okoye?" the queen mother asked.

"Okoye's not coming. She and the Dora Milaje will serve the new king." she informs them. Ramonda lowers her weapon, a look of despair clear on her face.

"Wait here." Nakia suddenly said, sneaking into the bushes once again.

"What has happened to our country?" Ramonda chokes on her words.

"Luke, do you think you will be able to use your fire abilities to keep us warm through the night?" Nakia asked.

"I'll keep everyone warm." Luke said. Nakia simply nodded. Luke finally felt useful but he knows he shouldn't make this about him. His hand reignites, as he manages to lower the height of the flame in order to attract less attention. Shuri moved away from her mother's arms, wanting to recollect her thoughts. Ramonda begins to walk towards Luke's direction. He bowed in respect for the queen mother, before meeting her stern gaze.

"My daughter, she trusts you. I can clearly see it." Ramonda said.

"I trust her as well, your highness." Luke added:

"Please, protect her." Ramonda requested him.

"I will. I promise." Luke nodded. Knowing he had the complete trust from Shuri's own mother and the late T'Challa himself, Luke knew this was bigger than anything. He had to stop pitying himself. He had to protect those closest to him. He had to protect Shuri.