━━ chapter ten.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡❝ 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐒 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡
𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐁𝐒 ❞

LUKE AND SHURI rush to Nakia's side, seeing the claw marks from Killmonger's own panther suit along her thigh. Nakia winces in pain, as she tries to sit up.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked.

"I'm alright. The both of you?" she asked.

"We're alright." Shuri answered for Luke and herself.

"I can cauterise the wound." Luke suggested.

"Very well." Nakia agreed.

"This might hurt."

"I've been through worse." she stated. Luke aimed a thin stream of heat, burning along the wounds with his hands. The bleeding stopped, Nakia grunting in pain.

"Are you okay?" Shuri asked. Nakia nodded.

"Thank you Luke." Luke simply nodded.

"Let's go." Nakia said.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHURI STOPS in her steps, hearing Ross speaking to her through the communicator. A ship found its way to Ross. Ross was busy using the simulator to control one of the ships to stop the transportation of the weapons.

"Ross, you have to get out of there now." Shuri said.

"Where is he?" Luke asked.

"In my laboratory."

"I'll go and get him." Luke hastily begins to walk. Shuri grabs him arm, preventing him from moving away from her immediately.

"Stay safe." she said.

"You too." Luke said. Shuri faintly smiled before letting go of her grip on Luke. He rushes off, heading back into the buildings. Following the familiar path of the passageways leading to the laboratory, he finally arrives. Watching from afar, he sees a ship shooting blasts towards the glass in front of Ross at the simulator.

"General Ross!" Luke called out.

"I'm not leaving, kid." Ross shouts back.

"Glass integrity is at fifty percent." the simulator AI speaks.

"Put me back in." Ross said.

"Ross!" Luke shouts back. The man simply ignores him. Luke rushes towards the glass window, facing the ship as it continuously shoots at the glass. Luke was out of options. The fire burned through his body. He closed his eyes, channeling his powers before a shield of fire surrounds the glass window. Once the glass breaks, Luke will make sure to protect Ross and prevent the ship from causing any more damage.

"Hurry General Ross. I'll shield us in the meantime" Luke said.

"Thanks kid." Ross responded. Luke grits his teeth, feeling his body vibrate at every hit the glass takes from the blasts. He pants, the sweat dripping down his face as he stands his ground. He had to succeed. He had to fight on. However, fatigue was beginning to overwhelm him.

"Glass integrity at fifteen percent." the AI speaks again.

"I can't hold on much longer." Luke felt himself growing weaker, his body completely draining out from the heat.

"Hang in there Luke." Ross shouts out. Luke fights back, trying to stand.

"ROSS!" Luke shouts back.

"We did it!" Ross said. Luke peaks around his shoulder, immediately lowering his hands as he pants.

"Come on." Luke heavily breathed out, as the two of them rush out of the laboratory. The sound of glass shatters behind them, Luke still feeling slightly disoriented. He stumbles before Ross quickly catches him, helping him up on his feet.

"Thank you kid." Ross said.

"It's no problem." Luke mumbled.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

LUKE AND SHURI wandered around the market place, side by side as they explored the several stalls from merchants and watched children playing together. T'Challa was victorious in his challenge against Killmonger, the latter dying in combat. The war was over and so was Luke's journey in Wakanda. He arrived in the country on the verge of death. He arrived as a boy who hated his powers and now he embraced with pure delight.

Shuri grew annoyed by the little antics of him conjuring up fire. Luke couldn't help but find her annoyance funny.

"I swear, Luke Cho. If you click your fingers one more time, I will use my blasters on you." Shuri warned him.

"I just need some food before I head back home." Shuri stops in her tracks, Luke confused by her sudden change in mood.

"You're going back, already?" she mumbled.

"I've overstayed my welcome. You know that?" Luke stared at her.

"Let's just go back to the laboratory. I want to give you something."

▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHURI HOLDS THE ITEM carefully in her hands, giving it to Luke. He stares at what was a necklace made of vibranium. The symbol of her tribe, the Golden Tribe. A sun.

"What's this for?" Luke asked.

"Something to remember me by." Shuri said, as she draped the necklace around Luke's neck. He felt the close space between each other, soon leaning closer as his lips finally met Shuri's own. It was not even a minute shared between them during the kiss as Shuri immediately pulls away, grabbing her blaster and knocking Luke backwards. Luke laid on the floor, groaning in pain.

"Why did you do that!" Luke shouts out.

"I didn't ask you to kiss me!" Shuri shouted at him, before storming off, leaving Luke sprawled across the floor.

"Well, I'm definitely getting some sore ribs." Luke groaned, as he stares up at the ceiling before sighing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

UNEDITED

a/n: it's the end! thank you all for the support as always! love you all!