━━ chapter seven.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡❝ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ❞

THE FIRST NIGHT with his powers seemed like a reoccurring nightmare he desperately wanted to wake up from. His body temperature spiked several times, as he tossed and turned in bed. His skin felt hotter, a simple touch causing other to obtained a burn scar. He couldn't interact with others by touch, knowing he could harm them. The first months with powers were a curse to Luke. He wished he never left his house that night.

Shuri managed to conduct some tests on him, coming to a conclusion that his DNA was different from the average human being. Luke questioned how easily she was able to find that information out when his own sister found it difficult.

Shuri informed him that his sister was trying to find a way to cure him not help him control the powers. A cure was not a bad idea to him but for some reason he knew he was nothing without his powers. The new powers was the only trait that made him seem different or even special.

"A cure would help but..." Luke's voice trailed off.

"You don't want to get rid of your powers, do you?"

"No. I mean, living in a family with sisters who are so intellectually inclined, I don't know what my purpose should be."

"You will know soon, Luke." Shuri smiled encouragingly smiled.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"SO...why are you here?" Ross suddenly asks Luke. The young male diverted his attention to the American, letting the flames between my fingers die out. He stands up from the stairs, walking towards Ross.

"Let's just say I meddled in someone else's business and was on the verge of death because of my stupid actions." Luke said.

"And you have powers?" he appeared interested.

"Yeah." Luke nodded.

"How exactly did you get these powers?" he asked.

"All I can remember from that night was walking in the streets of Busan. There was this blue mist in the air and for some reason my this black substance covered my entire body. I feel like a caterpillar in a cocoon. The next thing I remember was breaking out of the shell covering my body and see my hands emitting flames along my fingertips." Luke never knew he would be explaining this to a complete stranger but maybe it helped talking about it than bottling up the emotions he was trying to hide. Trying to show off a cool and causal demeanour but in reality, he was just terrified and unsure about everything.

"I've heard another case. From, Tony Stark." Ross added.

"What do you mean?" Luke cocked his eyebrow, intrigued by this new source of information.