━━ chapter four.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥❝ 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏 ❞

HITCHED BREATHS and bruised ribs. The taste of blood filling his mouth, his gag reflex on high. He tried to sit up, his body screaming in pain. The warmth of the crimson liquid trailing the sides of his face. He felt his vision blur, seeing spots in front of his eyes. Everything seemed dark. All he remembered was looking up to see the face of a man. The king. T'Challa. The king of Wakanda.

"Luke." he heard his name ringing through his ears. A muffled sound. He couldn't hold onto consciousness any longer, eyes closing as the darkness overwhelmed him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

LUKE WATCHED as Shuri analysed the man's spinal structure. He saw the anxious look plain across the king's face as he returned moments later. The young man could not help but feel unwanted in this situation. It was time for him to go home, to his family. However, he remembered that he had to stay until Shuri could figure out the reason why he has the powers he possesses at this moment.

"He will live." Shuri speaks. The tension in T'Challa eased, stiff shoulder resting in relief at the good news. Soft beeps emit from the kimoyo beads around Shuri's wrists, as she glances down at them.

"W'Kabi is here." Shuri said once again, seeing the king look at both of his companions before heading up the stairwell. Luke felt the awkward glances on him from the two companions who accompanied the king. One of the women walked towards him, feeling a slight sense of panic hitting him.

"You must be Luke." she softly said.

"Y-Yes." Luke stuttered, unsure of what was going to happen to him.

"Thank you for your help." she warmly smiled. Luke's eyes met those of the other woman, seeing a frustrated stare in her eyes. It was obvious the other does not like him very much.

"Do not worry about Okoye. T'Challa was worried about whether you would make it." she smiled.

"I guess I'm happy to be alive." Luke awkwardly smiled.

"I'm Nakia." the woman said.

"N-Nice to meet you. Thank you all, for saving me." Luke asked.

"Thank you for assistance."

"It was no trouble, I guess. Sorry for the minor inconvenience after I ended up unconscious." Luke ruffled his hair.

"Well, you're alive. It's a relief." Nakia warmly smiled. Echoes of a conversation are heard from above them, words exchanged between the king and the individual Luke heard was called W'Kabi.

"What is going on brother? Where is Klaue?" Luke could tell the voice did not belong to the king T'Challa himself. The voice must have belonged to the individual W'Kabi.

"He's not here. He slipped through our hands." The obvious sigh of frustration was clear in T'Challa's words. The man Luke tried to help T'Challa stop, managed to escape.

"Slipped? For 30 years, your father was in power and did nothing. With you, I thought it'd be different but it's more of the same." The pent up frustration flowed through Luke's veins, feeling his skin heating up. He hated how the efforts of the king were simply dismissed as not being enough. Shuri noticed the blank look across Luke's face, walking towards him as she rested her hand on the skin of his arm. She could feel the heat building up within Luke's body against her fingertips

"Stop. You have to control your emotions." Shuri mumbled to him. Luke sighed in defeat, clearing the raging thoughts of anger in his mind before the rush of adrenalin subsided.

"Sorry." Luke apologised.

"At least I got through to you." Shuri slightly smiled. A new wave of emotions hits Luke as he felt his heart race once seeing a simple smile spread across Shuri's face.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"WHAT EXACTLY are you dealing with?" Okoye asked Shuri, curious to know of what the individual named Luke Cho possessed.

"Do you want to see it yourself?" Shuri asked. Okoye nodded. Shuri looks up, staring towards Luke who was kept in a heat chamber in order for Shuri to further analyse his abilities.

"Luke!" she calls out.

"Yes?" he tilts his head. Shuri was amused at the confused nature Luke always seemed to have.

"Conjure up some fire." she said. He nodded. Okoye watched as fire forms around Luke's hands, appearing stunned at what she actually saw.

"That's useful." Okoye said, smirking to herself.

"He's still an amateur." Shuri chuckled.

"Well, at least he's not a weak one." Okoye smiled, leaving Shuri alone to continue her tests on Luke. Shuri looked up once again to see Luke juggling a ball of fire in his hands, smiling happily. His eyes glowed the reddish gold colour once again. Shuri never really made a friend her age. She spent most of her days inventing. Having friends was a difficult challenge for her but having someone around her age like Luke, she felt normal in some sense. She didn't feel as if she was a princess to a country the rest the world were oblivious to. The outside world did not know the technology Wakanda possessed. It was better that way.

"Shuri!" Luke calls out.

"What?"

"Can I get something to eat?" he asked, a slight pout resting on his face.

"Sure. I just have to do one last check up on our friend here." Shuri pointed towards the individual T'Challa brought. His name was General Everett Ross.

"Okay but can I at least get out of this chamber?"

"Very well." Shuri opened the door of the chamber, turning off the power supplied to it. Luke skips out, outstretching his arms as he sighs happily.

"For someone whose worried about being away from home, you seem happy." Shuri remarked.

"Well, let's just say home is not feeling like home these days." Luke shrugs.

"Well, we can talk about that if you want?"

"We're not really friends though." Luke pointed out, scrunching his eyebrows in confusion.

"Do you want to be friends?" Shuri asked.

"If that's okay with you." Luke smiled.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

UNEDITED

a/n: sorry for not updating at all on this account. by the time this is uploaded, i would be in the process of prewriting the entire story. so expect the rest of the updates for majority of next week. there's going to be six more chapters and an epilogue so stay tuned! once this story is done, i'll focus on completing stardust before endgame comes out. thanks for waiting patiently and for the support!