ONE

"HEY GET BACK HERE THIEF!"

Rin runs as fast as she can from the angry store clerk. She runs with a large shirt with water and chips. Running is all she could do, she's homeless after all. She has no money to afford even a snack from the vending machine. She runs in the middle of the street, dodging the cars and ignoring the violent honks. She looks back seeing the store clerk on the other side of the road waiting for the cars to pass by.

She runs into an empty alley way and takes a breather. She inhales and exhales looking around. She goes deeper into the ally way. She strips from her dirty, ripped shirt and puts on the new one. She knaws onto the tag and removes it, throwing it on the floor. She sits onto the floor and eats her chips. She steals twice a week and only survives by taking little sips from the single water bottle she has.

After finishing her chips, she crumbles it and throws it in a nearby trash can. She dusts her butt off and goes to her fox form. She jumps onto the trash can and jumps over the wall. Making it to the other side of the street. Looking around, her eyes stop at a pair of shoes outside of an apartment.

Converse

She thought.

She sprints her way to the apartment. Looking around, seeing if anyone is near. Seeing it empty she grabs the shoes with her teeth and starts booking it. As she runs she stops in another alley way. Transforming back to her human form, she takes off the old run down vans she stole a few years ago and puts on the new converse. She smiles to herself as she ties the shoelaces. She stands up and walks around in the shoes.

Perfect.

She scavenges around the alley, seeing if she can find anything she could use. As she looks around she gets hit in the head by something. She grunts as she rubs her head. She looks to see what hit her, she gasps as she looks down.

A cap.

She picks it up. Looking up to see she stood under a clothing line.

It probably wasn't clipped on right.

She examined the cap and dusted it off. She then put it on her head, covering her ears. The shirt she has on is big, making it pass her region. She stuffs her tail up the shirt, making her tail rub against her bare back. She can finally walk in public since her tail and ears are hidden. She walks out of the alley way and walks on the sidewalk. Sticking her hands in the pockets of her black ripped jeans. Slightly shivering since the weather in Korea is slowly starting to get colder.

The time when people starts wearing longsleeves and thin sweaters. She walks around, catching many smells of food from different direction. She stops in front of one and looks through the window. Seeing many people with their kids and family enjoying a delicious meal. Rin's stomach growls as she places her hand on her stomach. She sighs, dreaming about eating a nice meal.

She hasn't had a proper meal in a few years. The last time she ate more than just chips was when a person walked by her and threw a box of pizza at her.

"Disgusting specimen." Was what the person said before leaving.

He did a good thing but was also an insult but it still helped her. (Eh still free food)

Rin shakes her head before taking one last glance at the restaurant before walking away. She walked and walked, she didn't even know where she was going. She walked for so long that it was already becoming night time. She looked up to the starry night sky. Smiling as she sees her 2 favorite stars.

"Happy to see you again Appa and Eomma."

She mumbled.

She walked into an alley way. As she walked in, she looked up to see 2 men talking. The 2 men stop talking as they see a girl stand in front of them. They eye her, undressing her with their eyes. Rin cover her chest with her arms.

"M-mianhae, for interrupting. I-i'll be going."

She mumbled.

She was about to walk away but then her wrist gets grabbed. She wasn't able to process anything before she gets slammed up against the wall. She opens her eyes to see one of the men holding her against the wall. The other stands in the back with a pocket knife. Her eyes widen, she struggles loosening the grip from the man.

"What's wrong doll? Not comfortable?"

His voice is deep and raspy. The smell of cigarattes entering her lungs.

"Don't worry babe, it'll be over soon."

He whispered.

The guy with the pocket knife walks closer as they both start to laugh. Rin panics. She kicks the guy in the gut with her knee. Causing him to stumble back a bit. She tried to run but then gets grabbed again. She gets punched in the face, then the guy with the knife cuts her thigh. She lets out a yelp, her thigh starts to leak out blood and run down all the way to her calf. The punch, caused her cap to fly off her head. Her ears now exposed. She grunts loudly, looking at the men with her yellow glowing eyes.

Their eyes widen, seeing a hybrid. The shock from their faces dissapear as a smirk forms on their faces.

"A fox hybrid huh?" He chuckles. " How about we sell you, we could get a bunch of money." The one with the knife says.

Her eyes widen as her yellow pupils minimize in size. She gains her focus and punches the guy that has her in his grasp. He lets out a loud grunt, stumbling back. She pounces at him and punches him over and over. The guys with the knife runs over and tries to stab Rin. Rin, immediately gets off the guy, causing the one with the knife stab his friend instead.

Shock takes over him as Rin kicks his head, causing him to go unconcious. She grabs the knife from his friends chest, backing up immediatly. She picks her cap back up and runs. Leaving their bodies on the floor. She closes the knife and stuff it in her back pocket. She puts her cap back on and continues running. She stops, all of her energy is drained. Her legs, no longer allowing her to run anymore. Her wound hurting more and more as she leans on it.

She stops at an empty bus stop and sit there. She breathes in and out harshly as she tries to control the pain of her thigh. She winces as she touches it. Unable to cry due to the amount of tears she has lost awhile ago. She shakes her head as she returns to fox form again. The cap and pocket knife, unable to transform with her. She grabs the pocket knife and puts it into the cap. Her hind leg, badly injured. Seeing her original orange fur, doused in blood. She grabs the cap with her teeth by the brim. She limps as she finds a box on the side of the road.

She goes over to it and lays down. Placing the cap near the box. She looks up at the sky once again, seeing the 2 stars twinkle above her. She lowers her head, but not before seeing head lights stop right next to her.