Chapter 34

Sunday evening, we're just here in front of the TV, waiting again for news.

For the past few days, I noticed a bit of change. Breii's too quiet, Brile's quieter, Zahir is sweeter than before. Sa kanila lang naman yung pansin talagang may something at hindi ko alam kung maganda ba. I don't know. Add Zaine who is too sweet to me? Ewan!

"Dahil sa bagyo ay itinaas na ang signals sa iba't ibang lugar at suspendido na rin ang mga pasok bukas hanggang..."

"KUMBAYA MY LORD!" Masayang sigaw ni Raven at sumasayaw na.

Yes, kung noong last Wednesday lang walang pasok, ngayon ulit. And that made Raven very happy.

"Shit naman ba't wala na namang pasok? Pa'no ko makikita si babe ko?" Ma-drama namang sabi ng kapatid niya.

Agad namang napa-irap si Breii at binato si Rain ng unan. "Tang ina mo hindi mo bagay."

"At ikaw bagay na bagay mo maging FuBu." Rain said and rolled his eyes.

I looked at Breii and he raised his brows. "Don't tell me I'm not also allowed to have girls."

I sighed. "Actually Breii I won't mind... kung seryoso ka sa babae. For heaven's sake Bea obviously likes you. And I think this conversation confirms that you are bedding the girl."

"Protected ako Xyzzy kung 'yan ang iniisip mo. I won't plant her my sper-"

He didn't finish his sentence when I threw the pillow hardly on his face.

"Kung nasaktan ka kay Mavie 'wag mong idamay ang ibang babae." I firmly said.

Tahimik lang naman silang lahat and for that I'm thankful.

"It's not about Mavie. Not everything I do is about her. Not anymore." He said with his cold voice.

This is I think the first time he is like this to me.

"Well to tell you, mas lalo ka niyang hindi magugustuhan sa ginagawa mo."

He sighed and shook his head. "I told you it's not about her! Ano ba'ng nakakapagtaka kung makipag-sex ako?! I'm a guy for pete's sake."

My eyebrows furrowed even more. "So mabuti nang gawain ang pagiging manwhore? Is that what Hyacinth taught you?"

And with what I said, I saw the Breii I wanted to see.

He immediately stood, pulled me harshly by the arms and curse. "DON'T YOU EVER SAY ANYTHING SOMETHING BAD TO HER! Wala kang alam Xyzzy!"

Lahat sila nakatayo sa tabi ni Breii bukod sa kakambal niya na parang walang pakialam. My tears are forming with the pain on my arms and with his glare.

"Breii get off her magiging maayos tayo." Mahinang sabi ni Zaine na mahigpit din ang hawak sa mga braso ni Breii.

Lumuwang naman ang hawak sa 'kin ni Breii at kasabay no'n ang pagtubig din ng mata niya. "Xy you do not know what it's like to lose someone you consider home." He whispered. "Kung alam mo lang, konting konti nalang susundan ko na siya. Akala mo kasi puro ngiti lang ako sa buhay... I may be the loneliest man you'll know." He let go of my arms and walked upstairs.

I looked at the guys around me and all I can see is sympathy. Para akong nanghina sa nangyari at narinig ko, buti nalang napasandal ako kay Zaine.

He put his arms around me and pulled for a hug. "He is sorry. Masyado lang siyang nasaktan."

I hugged him back and let my tears fall. "Ihatid mo nalang ako sa kwarto ko."

Agad naman siyang tumango at naramdaman ko nalang ang paglakad niya sa 'kin sa paakyat. Through my peripheral vision, I saw him blankly staring at me.

"Why is he like that?" I asked him when we reached my room.

I still can't believe that was Breii.

I looked up at Zaine who's standing in front of me since I'm seated on the bed.

He weakly smiled and pulled a chair, sat in front of me and held my arm. "Everybody has a beast in side. And everybody has weakness. And that girl named Hyacinth was his." He looked at me. "We may be this sweet and caring to you, but don't ever forget that we are also beasts."

I pulled my arm from him and sighed. "Now what's with that girl?"

"That girl was his first love who died about three years ago."

I was speechless for what I've heard. I never read longing from his eyes.

"He still cries for her every night, Xyzzy. His heart never been okay." He added.

"Paanong namatay?"

"Leukemia." He shrugged his shoulders. "Ayaw nga sana niyang magpunta dito. Every five in the morning kasi nasa puntod lang siya ni Aya."

"Five AM? Why?"

"Five in the morning was the exact time when Aya died. Sunday, December 25." He looked away. "It's like, she just spent her last Christmas with Breii. That is also one reason why Breii doesn't like to celebrate on Christmas."

"That must be very painful." I whispered as my voice started to shake.

"Breii was at his loneliest that day; he was not himself. And it lasted for two months. He also suffered from depression." He added that made my lips gaped. "I don't know kung hanggang ngayon. But all I know, as long as he's still wearing that rubber band on his wrist, he is still depressed because of her death."

Rubber band... rubber band... that bracelet on his left wrist that he always plays.

"Siguro naman nasagot na niyan yung tanong mo kung bakit siya gano'n kanina."

"Pero and hindi ko makuha, bakit siya nambababae kung mahal na mahal pa pala niya si Hyacinth?"

He smiled, more like a smirk. "Don't you know that sex can be a very good thing to do to forget the pain?"

"So balak lang din niyang ikama yung kaibigan ko?" I sarcastically asked him.

"Love, with a guy's stare, you can already determine if it's love or lust. Can't you see how happy his eyes are every time he looks at Mavie? And he only stared that way to Aya and Mave."

"Bakit hindi niyo manlang masabi 'yang mga pinagdadaanan niyo? I know it's not simple and easy, pero kasi hindi ko alam kung paano ko kayo kakausapin." I said as we stare at each other. "May hindi pa ba 'ko alam? Para naman alam ko kung saan lulugar?" Medyo pagalit kong tanong sa kanya.

He is just staring at me; with those innocent eyes.

"'Wag mo naman akong titigan lang! Ano pa ba'ng hindi ko alam ha?! Ikaw? Baka may issues ka din na kailangan kong malaman para hindi mo ko masigawan so soon?"

"I LIKE YOU! Is that an issue too?"