Chapter 4

"Hello?"

"Ran?"

"Hey Kami, how've you been?"

"Good, listen I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Last year when I lost my ability and ended up going unconscious, do you know what the cause was?"

"Yea, and I know why mom and dad refused to tell you too."

"Then tell me, please???" I practically begged.

"From what I've heard, and remember, the doctors couldn't exactly pinpoint the exact cause, but they believe something started to form in the part of your brain that triggers the ability and caused it to malfunction, and it then started to somewhat affect the rest of your brain, but I don't think anyone said you complained about anything except a headache, that's what they believe, but they couldn't find anything in any of the scans."

"So it just disappeared?"

"Either that or it hid itself or went into hibernation."

"So is that why mom and dad didn't want to tell me? Because it's a possibility it might happen again?"

"Yeah, they made me make sure you didn't overuse your ability."

I just turned to Amber and stared.

"Anyway, I have to go, mom really wants me to go shopping with her before I go to my new boarding school."

"Have fun." I laughed then hung up and sighed.

"Well?"

I explained to Amber what Ran told me.

"Shit dude."

"Yeah."

"So you can't overuse your ability or it could happen again?"

"That's what I was told."

"What do they mean overuse though?"

I shrugged. "Don't continuously use it extremely often? I don't know to be honest."

"Well, better be careful since EMBER is still active."

"Yeah." I looked around. "So are we there yet?"

"Almost, just one more block."

"Good, I'm tired of walking."

"Too tired to jump then?"

"Nope."

Amber laughed. "I know."

"Hey, I'm not predictable."

"I know. You stated that and proved it to Claire, remember?"

"True, but that's the past."

"Some things still haven't changed." She laughed.

I rolled my eyes as we headed into the building.

"Welcome!"

I ignored the lady and continued walking.

"Hey!"

Jeez, does everyone want to interrogate me? I don't look that much like I did in high school. I always wore a beanie, had shorter hair, blue ends instead of teal, and I was shorter...

"What are you doing here I asked!" The lady was now physically pulling me towards her.

I turned and faked a smile. "I'm here to jump on the trampolines, of course."