Chapter 18

After everyone talked about how good I am and how much I shouldn't be kept in prison, the judge finally decided to let me go, seeing as I'm an adult now and am more mature and know better than to act irrationally and impulsively.

I walked outside and seen everyone surrounding, and clapping.

Amber walked up to me and hugged me.

"Thanks guys, but right now I kind of want to be alone..." I started walking forward and just avoided eye contact with everyone.

I started heading in the direction of my apartment, when I heard footsteps behind me.

"Kami?"

"Amber.. I'm not in the mood."

"What happened before your trial?"

"Nothing, okay?" I snapped, then sighed. "Look, I'm just upset and I need to be alone."

"I'm coming with you, you can say nothing the whole time, I don't care, I'm still coming."

I continued walking and sighed.

All this time, I've lived a lie. I shook my head. They're horrible parents... wait, does Ray know??

I pulled out my phone and called her.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ray. It's Kami."

"Hey sis. What's up?"

"Umm, there's something I kinda need to tell you..."

"Kami, you don't sound okay, were you crying?"

"A little, and it's not because of the reason why mom and dad came down here... it was something they told me... about us."

"Kami.. spit it out."

"You know how it's weird that we have powerful abilities yet mom and dad are cripples?"

"Yeah...?"

"We were actually born cripples."

"Huh? Then explain how we got our abilities"

"Right after we were born, mom took us each to a lab and had abilities injected into us..."

"Wait wait wait... how is this possible??"

"When mom and dad get home, make them explain it, and if mom refuses, tell her I told you. That will give her a reason to tell you."

"Okay..."

"Bye.." I then hung up and continued walking. I then suddenly realize Amber just heard everything.

I silently walked inside my apartment and headed to my room and just sat down, I could sense Amber being kinda saddened.

I sighed and laid down on the couch and closed my eyes.

"Kami..?"

I didn't say anything, instead I tried to fall asleep. I knew Amber was there, and I knew what time it was, but I didn't care, I needed rest and just some time to myself.

I woke up in my bed, and was immediately greeted with the smell of bacon. Food? Did Amber stay and make breakfast? Wait.. what time is it??

I sat up and looked at my phone. 3:04AM.

Why is she making food this late at night??

I get up and head to the kitchen, and she immediately turned her head and greeted me.