Chapter 16

I ran up to her, barrier surrounding me, and tackled into her, causing her to fly backwards, breaking the wall behind her in the process.

She sat up, wiping the blood from her face, then stood up. "That all you got?"

"I'm just starting." I smirked.

I created a heated barrier surround us, so one one could interfere, nor could she escape. I then electrified a thin area around me, so that if she touched me, she would get zapped.

She ran up, creating her heated claw hands, in attempts to attack me.

I blocked it, and countered it by lowering her arm below enough, and kneed her elbow, causing it to bend the wrong way.

I seen her face, and she winced in pain, but she wasn't giving up.

I glared at her, and I can see past her that the other EMBER members were watching, some showed fear once the glanced at me.

She slow headed towards me, using her good hand to grip her elbow.

I used time manipulation and froze her legs in place.

"What the-"

"Listen to me carefully." I slowly approached her, careful of her one good arm. "You will let me go, and you will leave me and my friends all alone and you will stop killing innocents and whatever else you make the citizens do. You will shut this place down."

"What if I don't?"

"I could just finish you off right now, and force EMBER to disband with no leader." I growled.

She glanced around, seeing the others looking at her fearfully, as if saying 'do it.'

The woman hesitated.

"Fine.." She finally said. "You win."

"Thank you." I released her, and headed out of the facility.

When I walked out the front doors, there stood several police officers staring at me.

"Uhh.. what's going on?"

"Kami Suya?"

"What's it to you?"

"Do you not recall what happened many years ago?"

"You let me go."

"Yeah, but that was when you lost your ability. You very clearly have it back, and so we must take you into custody."

"What the hell-?"

One guy appeared from behind me and cuffed me.

I growled to myself. Where's Amber and Ruby!?

"Come on, bucko." The officer pushed me and I reluctantly followed.

I watched around as the citizens around me watched and whispered amongst themselves.

In the distance, I could hear the radio broadcasting.

"Reports have it that the one deemed the most powerful in the world, to be unnamed, being arrested. Officials state 'this was long overdue.' For those out there that believe otherwise, the officials say there will be a case about it happening tonight."

Tonight? So am I just going to be held in custody until then?

I hesitantly get in the car and I get driven away.

The officer stayed silent as I stared out the window.

They aren't wrong though.. this was long overdue, and I'm surprised I haven't been caught yet. They may have been waiting for something to happen so they have a reason... the law sure is sneaky that way: they arrest you for one thing, but then can charge you for several other happenings.

"Lady!" The officer must have been calling my attention.

"Hm?" I refused to say a word, honestly.

"Your parents are going to be there and we're all going to have a nice, civil talk. Okay?"

Nothing is civil... nothing.

I just nodded and continued staring out the window, eventually daydreaming.

Some time had gone by and we were at the police office. They took me in and put me in what looked like one of those jail type things for temporary use.

I sat on the bench that was in there and leaned on the wall and sighed.

"Hey."

I turned and seen an officer.

"Your parents are here."

I sighed. "'Kay."

I turned and faced the wall, embarrassed to even look at them.

"Kami?" I heard my mom's gentle voice.

Just wait, I'm going to hear shit from my dad...

"Hey mom.." I said, not even turning my head to face her.

"You okay?"

"I've been better."

"Don't butter it up, you know your father is worried."

"He's pissed too, isn't he?"

"No, no... he's not."

"Mom, don't lie to me. We all know I get his temper."

"Sweetie,"

"No, mom, don't tell me things are going to get better." I interrupted her. "I've been used, I've been lied to. People talk shit behind my back, and all for what? Because I'm more powerful than them? Because they want to be better than me but know they can't? Because I act like I'm like everyone else even though I'm nothing like them."

"Kami... you are special, you know this."

"Mom, I've been told this all my life. I don't want to hear it anymore. I get that I'm not like everyone else, but that's because I was born with more power."

I felt my mom tense up as soon as I said that.

"Mom?" I felt like I was going to cry. "Tell me the truth about this."

She suddenly got nervous. "Both you and dad are cripples, but my sister and I.. we have strong abilities. How? How is that possible? Shouldn't she and I be cripples too?"

My mom just sat there, and I could hear my dad loudly yelling at someone.

"What do you mean!? She hasn't done anything wrong, and you dumbasses let her go, only to hold her in custody after so many years after? That's just a bunch of-"

My dad's voice was cut off, don't know how, but it got my mom distracted, and she purposely acknowledged it.

"Oh, dear it sounds like your father might be in trouble." She immediately stood up, and I stopped her by grabbing the bottom of her shirt.

"Mom!"

She whipped around and glanced at me.

"Honey I have to-"

"Mom!" I called, feeling the tears coming. "Tell me the whole truth, right now."

"What is there to tell?"

"I'm serious! It doesn't add up. Two cripples having two powerful children. And when I mentioned I was born with this ability, you tensed up, then suddenly got extremely nervous."

"I'm not nervous."

It was obvious in her voice.

"Mom, please."

She sat back down and put her hand on my shoulder, then sighed.

"You... you were born a cripple."