Chapter Seventeen: Gates of Hell

I was awoken from my slumber by someone ripping the door open, causing it to slap against the stone wall and generated an echo of noise. I ripped my body forward and desperately clutched the crimson comforter to my chest in an effort to shield my nakedness from whoever boldly barged in here. Rubio stirred slightly at the noise but never awoke. My eyes momentarily adjusted to the illumination of the daylight in the room.

Rosia stood in the corridor, her arms folded over her chest. Her eyes made contact with the flurry of clothes that littered the hardwood and gazed between Rubio's sleeping body and me. She wore a smirk as she pieced together our heated events while she was gone. She walked forward slightly and carefully picked up my bra that had been tossed onto the sofa next to the door with her index finger.

"Wow, you guys have been," she paused, making eye contact with me as she dropped the bra onto the floor, "busy."

Rubio began to awaken at the sound of Rosia's vocalizations. He rolled off his stomach and onto his tone back. The sunlight from the windows bounced off of each notch of his abs causing the caramel skin to practical glisten in the rays. The sheets were bunched down around the bend of his hips. He propped himself up with the backs of his elbows. He squinted as he tried to focus on Rosia's silhouette. Once he realized who it was, he huffed and threw himself back onto the bed.

"So, are you guys going to get up or keep fucking all day?"

My eyes nearly popped out of my skull when I registered her crude comment. I was never one to publicize my sexual transgression, but here Rosia is practically announcing it to the world, immune to my obvious embarrassment of our nudity.

"That sounds good to me," Rubio said casually as he rolled onto his side, not caring about Rosia's presence.

"Well, we have business to discuss. So, I suggest Y'all wake up, now, and meet me outside in twenty minutes."

With that, she twirled on her heels and promptly exited the room, shutting the door behind her. Rubio turned over to face me and touched his hand to my face snaking it around to the nape of my neck. He leaned forward placing a delicate kiss on my lips. He pulled away and eyed me carefully, anxious to see my reaction to everything. I flashed him a genuine smile, attempting to relive him of his hurricane of inner doubts.

"Come on, let's get up," I whispered.

He groaned while he snaked his arm around my waist and dragged me into his chest. My head rested on his shoulder for a moment until my impatience captured the best of me. I slightly retracted back and placed a soft kiss on the crook of his neck. He hummed in approval. I removed myself out of his grip and onto the edge of the bed before I decided to redress. I walked to the small closet with a few older dresses that the Elder's had been so gracious to leave me.

"You know Rosia is right. We could 'keep fucking all day'," he called out from behind me, causing me to dramatically roll my eyes.

"As much as I would like that, we need to get up and hear whatever Rosia has to say."

I had picked a gown that was a beige color. It was an antique, to say the least, but at least it wasn't as bulky as the typical dresses I was forced to wear most of the time. Half of the clothes they allowed me to wear were most likely not from this century, but they were all undoubtedly stunning. However, this dress was my favorite, by far. It had intricate lace designs that accented the bodice, especially around the hems of the neck and sleeves. The outer material was transparent, which enabled the dress to appear flowy.

I slide the dress over my head and adjusted it onto my body accordingly. I walked toward the mirror in the bathroom grabbing a ribbon on my way in. I tied my blonde locks back into a loose bun to create a small bow with the blood-colored ribbon. I watched as Rubio surface behind me. He wore his dark denim jeans from the previous day but had no shirt on. I could gawk at him all day if I had the time.