Chapter Seventeen ▫ I'll Fix This.

Brittany's POV

I throw my clothes into my duffle bag. I toss all my shoes into another. While I'm packing up my third bag the bedroom door opens and in walks Tatum. He looks at me then at my bags.

Tatum:Britt what's going on? I've been calling you.

Brittany:I'm leaving man.

Tatum:(Chuckles nervously)Man quit playing all the time.

Brittany:Look at my bags man. Does it look like I'm playing?

Tatum:Why are you leaving? What happened?

Brittany:(Sighs and sits on the bed)Michael Lopez happened.

Tatum:Santana's dad?

Brittany:Yeah...he wanted me to leave Santana alone and when I said no he used the fact that I lied on my info and background papers about the assault.

Tatum:(Slumps on his bed)What the fuck? He can't do that can he?

Brittany:It's already done.

Tatum:What about Santana? I mean you gotta tell her.

Brittany:(Shakes her head)There's no point. (Stands and starts packing again).

Tatum:Damn man. What about the frat and the competition? We need-

Brittany:Do you hear yourself? I don't give a fuck about a competition right now Tatum. I'm kicked out of fucking school. You and everybody else will be getting diplomas and fancy jobs when yall leave here. I ain't getting shit Tatum!

Tatum:(Sighs)You're right man I'm sorry.

Brittany:(Zips up her bag)It's whatever. Just help me get my shit to my car.

Tatum nods and helps me.

When we make it to my car I toss my bags in. I close the car door and pull out a cigarette. As I light it I see a crowd of people heading towards Tatum and I. As they get closer I see it's the frat along with Santana and Zen. I look over at Tatum and blow out smoke.

Brittany:You texted them?

Tatum:I texted Zen and told her to bring everyone.

I inhale the smoke deeply.

Zen is the first one to make it to us.

Zen:Yo what's going on?

Santana:Yeah.

Everyone surrounds me.

Brittany:(Blows out smoke)I'm leaving.

"Leaving?"

"What do you mean leaving? You can't leave."

Santana:Brittany what are you talking about?

Brittany:(Looks at everyone)I got kicked out of school.

Zen:What the fuck how?

"Yeah why?"

"What happened?"

Brittany:(Flicks her cigarette)A year ago my brother was killed in a fight that I was involved in.

Zen:Tatum and I were involved too.

Tatum:Yeah.

Brittany:I got charged with aggravated assault after the incident. When I filled out my papers I wasn't honest about that.

Everyone's eyes are on me as I speak.

I glance at Santana and make up my mind then that I can't tell the full story. I know the guys in the frat will blame her if they find out it was her dad that kicked me out.