𝟏.𝟏 ♛

A crash was heard from inside the house making Odette rush inside only to find the kids surrounded by broken glass shards that were from a fallen lamp. The young siblings look up at their mother afraid that they were going to be in trouble. Seeing that Hope wasn't wearing any shoes Odette walks over and picks her up while asking what happened.

They explain that they were running around playing and somehow Matthew tripped on the cable breaking the lamp. Odette asks if they were okay which leads to them asking if they were in trouble. To which Odette just responded with no as all she cared about was them as no old or nice or even expensive thing can mean more than them. The item can be replaced or lived without but there will only ever be one of them, each one will always be more important than just something. 

Odette sends her kids outside to play but not before making sure that they wore shoes. She then takes out the broom and dustpan from the kitchen closet ready to pick up the broken lamp 

"What happened here?" Hayley asks walking into the house with groceries. Odette looks up from the ground seeing Hayley walk past her and towards the kitchens island 

"Broken lamp, nothing to worry about," Odette says standing up to throw away the lamp pieces into the trash but noticing how quiet Hayley was in putting away the groceries she bought Odette couldn't help but think that something was wrong, "How much more time do we have here?" 

Hayley shuts the fridge door and leans on the island looking at Odette, "A few more days, a week at most. We need to plan where we are going next"

With a deep sigh, Odette hugs herself knowing once again it was time "Okay, where to next?"

●·○·●·○·●·○·●·○·●

Odette stood in the living room reading over the newspaper in the town they were in as to catch up on what was going on in the outside world while also trying to see if there were any events that could determine someone on their tail. 

"Mom?" a little voice says making Odette look up from her seat on the ground to see her son walking over to her and sitting on the ground next to her 

"Yes, my love?" Odette says putting the newspaper to the side 

"What's your name?" Spencer asks taking Odette by surprise 

"My name?" Odette asks confused as to what Spencer was trying to ask 

"Auntie Hales called you Jane and mama Marry calls you Odette," Spencer says  knowing that his mother would tell her the truth, as she would always tell them as promised 

"My name is Odette, middle name Jade, and my last name is De Marie" Odette answers turning her head hearing the sound of a pair of footsteps making its way towards the couch 

"Why does your name not end in Mikaelson like me?" Spencer asks as his mother has made him and his siblings to be proud of being a Mikaelson. Odette moves a strand of Spencer wavy light brown hair away from his eyes as she buys time to think about how to best explain 

"Because your dad and I never got married" Odette simply says 

"Why not?" Matthew asks as he sits on the couch over the two having listened in to the conversation 

"You two have a lot of questions today, now don't you?" Odette ask and Spencer nods quickly making Odette chuckle "Um so your dad and I never got married because we never reached that part of our relationship"

"Why?" Matthew says with a smile making Odette smile

Odette changes her position in sitting down to be able to look at both of her sons, "Well... remember how I told you both and Hope how your dad and I only started dating after your sister was born?"

The twins nodded their heads remembering everything their mom has told them about their dad, "Then soon after we learned that we were going to have the both of you and through it all bad things around us were happening. Before your dad went to save his siblings and us, we never fully talked about marriage. So we never got married meaning I was never able to take his name. That's why I don't have the same last name as you two." 

Seeing that the two were going to ask any more questions and realizing that Hope had yet to join them, Odette asks "Now, where's your sister?"

"Drawing," the twins say simultaneously 

"Come on, let's go join her," Odette says standing up making Matthew stand up on the couch and jump on Odette taking her by surprise but never the less she catches him

a/n: before I upload the first real chapter is there something else yall wanna read? or will you want to read about?