|ONE STEP TO THE END|

It's a beautiful day outside. Streets are packed with tourists. They're drinking beers, they're chasing beads, headed out on the vampire walking tour of New Orleans. They think it's just a myth. Just part of our city's charm. Well, we know better. Just like we know that there's a storm coming. This week marks five years since the fall of the Mikaelsons. Five years of peace. And we paid a high price for that peace. We witches we earned that peace. We snatched back our freedom, we severed our link with our ancestors. To take back our city, we backed Marcel Gerard. Now, since then, we fought hard to build this community. And in the next week, as we celebrate our independence, that community will be challenged because every year we get visitors.

Vampires from all over the world. They come here, and they want to see firsthand the suffering of Klaus Mikaelson. Now some of those vampires, they're gonna be well-behaved. Others... not so much. You see, out-of-town vampires they don't care about our city. They don't follow our rules. They will instigate trouble. They will attempt to upset our peace and the only way that we're gonna get through that is if we get through that together. Now, this ain't the first time that we faced conflict. Each and every single one of us here have faced their fair share of monsters. I swear, I feel sometimes the city just has evil lurking in the shadows. For a long time, we've managed to keep our monsters buried. And now we've got to make sure that they stay buried. Otherwise, we will lose everything that we've built... we will lose it, forever.

●·○·●·○·●·○·●·○·●

Five years had gone by and on a clear sunny day Odette stands on some dry flat rocks near the river looking out and listening, "Come out, Come out where ever you are"

Odette continues to listen around for any hints of what she was looking for, suddenly she was able to hear something out of place. She then vamp speeds to another side of the river to find Hope squatting down at the edge of the river touching the water

"Gotcha," Odette says as she picks up Hope from behind and spins her around making Hope giggle. Odette sets her daughter back on the ground and high fives her, "That was amazing hiding"

"I crossed the water to hide my trail," Hope says proudly making Odette kneel down to touch Hopes new boots being eye to eye with her daughter

"Did you get your new shoes wet?"

"I just flew over the river," Hope says as if it was nothing making Odette stand up as her smile disappears

"Hope what are mommy's rules about your powers?" Odette says as she leads Hope over to a rock where they both can sit down "You have to keep your special bracelet on because..."

"Because it helps me keep control." Hope says as she raises her hand that had tied around her wrist the silver bracelet, Jackson had gotten made for her "I know, I was only kidding. I had to cross on the stones. Mom do we have to move again?"