|SECRETS AND MORE|

A new day meant a new surprise, and Klaus had surprised his kids to wake up to an abundant amount of pastries. While the boys were in the kitchen, Klaus was at the table with Hope sitting on his lap, "Now, you can't call yourself a connoisseur if you have not sampled each and every one of these. Hmm? Here" 

"Mmm, it's so good!" Hope declares as she chews the beignet with a smile 

"Did I ever tell you the story of my first beignet? No?" Klaus asks making Hope shake her head

Klaus picks Hope up allowing for him to stand up and turn around to set Hope down on the chair, "You are in for a treat

Klaus picks Hope up allowing for him to stand up and turn around to set Hope down on the chair, "You are in for a treat. Long ago, three French nuns came to New Orleans looking for a fresh start. And they came here. They marched right into our courtyard, and they presented your Uncle Elijah and me with these rather lumpy-looking, sugar-coated pastries. Well, needless to say, we were entranced. We set them up quite well" 

"Why did they come to you?" Hope asks looking up at her dad 

Klaus walks over to Hope and kneels next to her, "Because there was a time when we were regarded as royalty. You might even go so far as to say I was king, which would make you a princess" 

"Good Morning," Odette says walking towards the two and she leans down to kiss Hopes head. Klaus stands up and Odette greets him with a kiss before turning to the face the piles of pastries from tarts to beignets on the table making her only think about how much sugar their kids were going to be running on "W-what's all this?"

"Well, I saw no harm in indulging our children's sweet tooth. All things in moderation, of course," Klaus says but wasn't convincing 

"Hm of course," Odette says skeptical about all the sweets and before she can ask about her boy's whereabouts, they walk into the room 

"Hi mom," Both twins say at the same time walking slowly into the room trying not to get their glass of milk to spill as they walked to the table 

"Is that milk on your shoes?" Odette asks as the boy's shoes were wet and their glasses of milk were filled to the brim which made Odette speculate that they had spilled the milk, which is why she always poured their drinks.

The twins look at each other and instead of telling a lie they tell the truth only that they both start to speak at the same time saying different things one after the other, "We wanted milk and so we got it by ourselves" "Matt poured the milk but it spilled and fell to the ground but we cleaned it up" "We forgot Hopes cup" "We're out of milk" 

"We'll figure that out, just don't eat too many sweets. You'll get a stomachache," Odette tells her kids who nod their heads and start to eat. Odette looks over at Klaus, "Can we talk?" 

Klaus couldn't help but furrow his eyebrows but walks over to where she had moved so they were a few feet away from the kids. Having his attention Odette asks, "Hayley's been looking for Elijah, have you seen him?"