|A GOODBYE|

Standing in the middle of the bar surrounded by various strangers who had joined the wake for either the music or the drinks and food being served. Odette stood looking at the crowd that had joined Cami's Irish wake, many of them have walked in after the parade they had for the blonde.

Unlike those around her Odette didn't carry a glass of alcohol in her hand, instead she had been walking around making sure there was enough alcohol for the guests and that things were going as planned. Odette stopped Hayley telling her that they were almost out of whiskey making the brunette walk over to the kitchen and tell the staff how having whiskey was important.

Odette kept looking around the room before her eyes landed on a blonde and with a confused look she meets him halfway.

"Everest, what are you doing here?" Odette questions with her hands in her coat pocket dying to take it off because of the heat but didn't because her of her stomach that had been growing with every night that passed, almost making it impossible f...

"Everest, what are you doing here?" Odette questions with her hands in her coat pocket dying to take it off because of the heat but didn't because her of her stomach that had been growing with every night that passed, almost making it impossible for her to look down and see her toes.

"Looking for you actually just didn't think I'd catch you at a funeral," Everest says before looking around the room taking a look at the casket where Klaus stood "Sorry for your loss"

"It's o- thank you," Odette says welcoming his apology before getting into the reason as to why he had been looking for her. Knowing that having a conversation in the middle of a crowded bar wasn't ideal Odette looks over at the kitchen, "follow me"

Odette looks at the workers in the kitchen and speaks loud enough so they can hear her, "Everyone, take a five please"

The cooks drop what they were doing and make their way outside of the kitchen closing the glass doors behind them, leaving Odette and Everest in the kitchen alone. Odette looks at Everest with a tight lip, "you were looking for me? Is something wrong?"

"No, everything is alright. I'm actually leaving town. The case I was brought into became a cold case meaning I'm not needed in town anymore. I know I didn't have the warmest welcome but it just didn't feel right leaving without saying goodbye to you" Everest says making Odette smile as she was glad that didn't want to leave town without saying goodbye

"Where are you heading to now?"

"Home" Everest says taking Odette by surprise as she had believed that he was followings jobs that were offered to him, as he previously told her that he wasn't stationed anywhere significant

"Home.. as in um Colorado?" Odette asks slowly not knowing if to him home was the same to him as it was to her. She still referred to home as Colorado because its where she grew up and where her parents settled down.

"Yeah, I decided it was time for me to settle down. So I called Chief, he asked for you" Everest says with a chuckle "I don't think he ever got the memo we broke up on a bad note so I told him you were doing great and had a family of your own. Then he offered me his job, apparently, he is retiring and had been looking for a replacement so I said yes"