Chapter 1

Dylans POV:

God dammit. I knew this would've happened. I spent so much time on this girl treating her like my world and in return she leaves me for another girl. At least I wasn't the only one who got a sad ending though. Jacob was also fighting for this girl Keighly(Kay-lee). She was beautiful, she was amazing, she had perfect curves and a sweet personality. She befriended me in 7th grade and never really left my side since. I didn't like her at first but I soon got feelings and asked her out freshman year of high school. She left me for Jacob sophomore year and then came back to me months later. But now at the beginning of Junior year she left us in the dust. We didn't give up though. We fought over her. Running to beat each other to walk with her in the halls. We got into fistfights over her but in the end she wanted to be with Lila so she left.

So now I'm stuck in detention after school on a fucking Friday since me and Jacob got into a fight over her earlier today. It's only me and him in room 1, the Spanish room with Miss Reel. It was super quiet too quiet for my liking.

It was 3:45 and detention started 15 minutes ago.

I just sat here reading my book and Jacob was reading his. Every so often it felt like he would look up at me and glare. I wasn't sure though, he was on the other side of the room and the corner of my eye wasn't that trusting. So I kept reading and then looking up at the clock. Oh my god this stupid detention needs to end. I want to go home.

Around 4:00 Miss Reel gets up, "Boys," she says, "I have to go print a few papers so I'll will be back soon. Behave yourselves please". She walks out and we both let out a large sigh. We snap our gazes at each other I meet his eyes. They were a light blue and very mesmerizing but I blinked and went straight into a glare. i still wasn't happy towards him. i hated him. He kept trying to steal my girl when she was with me. but then again shes gone now so theres really no reason to hate him. I turned my head and hoped he didn't start any conversation.

"So um Dylan"

Fuck my life. I looked at the clock again. Miss Reel left at 4:00 and its only 4:02.

"What Jacob", I said not looking at him.

"I want to say I'm sorry. For like taking Keighly and just fighting you for her. It sucks how she left us for a girl though", he said.

I turned to face him, "Well it was her choice so we can't really change it. Plus we were both probably scaring her since we would both fight right in front of her."

"Yea, that's probably true", we both chuckled but he continued, "Hey so after this do you want to just kinda talk and maybe go get something to eat".

"Well," I hesitated, "I kinda just wanted to go home. It's Friday".

"Oh that's fine. Maybe another time." At that moment Miss Reel came back into the classroom and we sat the rest of detention in silence. When 4:30 came around detention was finally over so we were heading to the parking lot where our cars awaited us.

"Hey Dylan!", it was Jacob again. I rolled my eyes and stopped. I turned to face him and he ran up and stopped kinda close to me. "So....um....can we like...be friends?"

I didn't really have no reason to say we couldn't because we weren't fighting over some girl. i shrugged, "Sure".

"Cool, I don't get why I did it though. She clearly left me for you," He just wanted this fucking conversation to last forever dammit.

"Yeah but don't hurt yourself about it. She left both of us so now we just have to kinda move on".

"Yeah true." Jacob said. Now was my chance to lea-

"So you like video games right," FOR FUCKS SAKE!!

"Yeah, what about them,"

"I usually play PC computer games but I do have a PS4. maybe if you want we-"

I started to lose interest. I just wanted to go home. But....deep down inside me I wanted to stay and listen to him. His lips moved so perfectly and his words came out so smooth. I looked him in the eye and with the sun set pretty much already the street lamps were on and they reflected off of his eyes and made them look kinda......cute. Hold up what the fuck?! Why am I thinking this way about Jacob of all people.

He wasn't finished talking but I interrupted anyway, "Listen Jake I really want to go home if you want, feel free to text me or something". He nodded in agreement and we exchanged phone numbers. We waved each other off and said goodbye leaving to home.

--------------------------------------------

Around 9 I was playing video games and felt my phone vibrate on my lap. It was Jacob.

(Bold is Jacob, italicized is Dylan)

Hey

Hey. What's up.

Just got done recording a IAIS-516 in Colona.

What is that?

Its a kind of train. I'm a major fan of trains or aka a railfan.

oh okay

Yeah so what are you up to?

I'm playing Black Ops 3.

Cool. I have that game too.

Nice.

So um Dylan?

Can I ask you something?

Or well can I be honest?

yeah sure what is it

Well Dylan.....I kinda have a crush on you...

I looked at the message. I didn't even unlock my phone. I didn't even know what to say. I looked at the message for a long time. What was I supposed to say?

Sorry if that came on really strong and that made you uncomfortable

Um yea I don't really know what to say to that

Jees. I made this awkward I'm sorry

Oh its fine

Yea its just...i find you really cute. I guess when i was too busy fighting for Keighly i was also fighting for you. I find you really cute. Your blonde hair compliments your eyes and you lips look just so...kissable.

I froze when I turned on my phone and read the message. He really likes me? I mean I did feel kinda happy when he was talking to me earlier in the parking lot. And like his lips were so luscious too. I don't know. I finally replied. Um thanks....

I'm sorry I can't help it. I don't want to make things awkward between us so maybe....if you want....do you want to meet for lunch somewhere? Or even you could come over and just let me explain and get this all off my chest.

I didn't know what to say. But since it was starting to get late I was growing tired and my mind spoke for me. Sure lets meet at your place. Around noon. Is that okay? Shit wait what?! Did I seriously just say that? I felt anxious. I was afraid he would say yes and also afraid he would say no. I don't know how I feel about him right now so I'm just going to hope he says no.

Sure that's fine. I'm going to go to bed. Bye

Ok bye. What the hell have I gotten myself into.