1.

The future queen stared into blank space as the maids tucked her into the elegant dress. White fabric, neatly sewn with embroideries, her hair was braided in the most tidy knots and lastly, her crown.

She was left alone with her personal court lady, she took the time to stare at her reflection. The makeup on her face, jewelleries on her body, the silk against her skin. She looked majestic, it was strange.

However, there was one thing that reminded her of her true self, her bracelet and her eyes. She might wore a mask, she might fake everything there is to be but her eyes never failed to tell the truth.

"Your Highness, everyone is ready for you."

The court lady politely ordered for her. It was time, a day where she was told to anticipate but her heart wasn't prepared. Her eyebrows creased, she didn't like this at all. One last sigh, she thought before following after the court lady.

The lady bowed, "Be brave, my lady." She spoke softly but it wasn't missed by the princess. They exited the room, the doors behind them closed. It only meant her chance of escape was done for, she had one final one.

《—♡ 》

"How's my hair?"

The male asked, his best man nodded, acknowledging his looks before telling him to focus on who was about to walk out of the door. Even as a prince, he was quite conscious of what he looked like. He was a perfectionist.

He exhaled, trying to calm his wild heart. It was something he had anticipated slightly though he was unprepared. He agreed that this event was somewhat of a rush and non wholeheartedly decision but he was in no position to disobey.

Born and raised as royalty, his family owned a wealth others could only dream of. He finally met a girl, whom he hadn't got a chance to know well yet. However, the two knew each other enough to acknowledge their kindness.

They were tangled in their families' business, both a victim but they had no choice. Still, it never harmed the two to become friends so they didn't mind the fact that they were being matched up together.

This was supposed to be a mere play, but the prince found himself having to calm down a racing heartbeat. Having pride, he had to hide it especially when the princess arrive.

Everyone in the open hall waited, anticipated to see one of the stars of today's event. It was quite a weather, everyone had their jackets, still, they couldn't stop the shivering.

As for the prince and the families, they became quite anxious. Seconds turned to minutes and it was taking too long even for a princess to get ready.

Murmurs started to spread, everyone felt uneasy in their very own reasons. "Something's not right." The prince whispered to his trusted righthand man. The young prince simply couldn't sit and wait, he decided to walk towards the door and check the situation himself.

To his own dismay, the door opened before he could reach there. Revealing a devastated man, one he had seen a lot before. The princess' personal bodyguard. The prince had a change of expression, he certainly knew something wasn't in place.

"Where's Seora?" He questioned instantly. The bodyguard was panting, sweat on his forehead. The sight was making the prince anxious.

However, the male couldn't look at him directly in the eyes. "Your Highness." He panted. "She's..." the bodyguard looked at the people around him. Everyone had their eyes on him, waiting for an answer to satisfy their curiosity.

"She's gone."

Instantly, a wave of gasps was heard. "What?" The prince asked, his eyes were burning. His eyebrows furrowed, this was absurd. He couldn't believe how his fiancée could disappear just like that, especially on their wedding day.

The prince turned to his righthand man, the man kept his head low, waiting for an order. "Get my horse ready, I'm going to look for her." He said.

"Your Highness, we don't know what kind of danger she might be into. She might have been abducted by assassi—"

"Does that not mean we have to be hurry?" He asked. This time, the man wasn't sure how to reply. It was his job to secure the prince's safety but his stubbornness wasn't helping at all.

The prince walked out of the door, preparing himself to leave in an instant for an immediate search. He didn't do it because he was embarrassed to be left alone in his wedding, he truly cared for the princess as a friend.

"Prince Taeyong! Stop!"

The named prince had just gotten on his horse, ready to leave through the gates. However, the voice stopped him. He turned around to find his father walking in his way with all his servants trailing after him. He bowed his head a little, a sign of respect.

"You shall not leave the palace, let the guards handle this search." The king ordered. "Seora might be in danger, I must seek for her." The prince argued. "That danger might affect you as well, if she's found they will escort her back. Your safety is just as important. You are the future of the country."

Taeyong closed his eyes, he had no choice. Without the king's permission, he could never walk out of the gates. With an unsettled heart, he returned to the castle. Forced to do what he was worst at; waiting.

Please be safe, Seora. He prayed silently. Though they met just a year ago, he had much to learn about his fiancée. She was a lonely girl despite having the world within her reach, she made him want to protect her.

As Taeyong entered his bedroom, he found himself looking far away to the mountains, she would be somewhere in town or at the outskirts, she has to be found. He entered his room, stepping away from the balcony.

Just when he sat down, he noticed something. The colour red caught his eyes; the princess' favourite colour and also the colour of her kingdom. He reached out for it to only discover it was a letter.

《—♡ 》

It was a very sunny day despite the snow, a beautiful day for the royal wedding. Another day for him to carry out his duty, his heinous job.

"The star of the show."
"I want to see her bathe in
a sea of red; her favourite."

He kept repeating the orders given in his head, he knew his target but he didn't know how she looked like. The male positioned himself outside the castle, on the highest roof he could find that was closest to the open hall.

All he had to do was wait before he did the grand finale to entertain everyone. However, his supposedly short wait became too long than he planned. He couldn't understand what was going wrong but soon realised the commotion that occurred within.

He was slightly glad that he didn't have to perform today. This duty of his wasn't exactly to his liking, he was always nervous to do it. He was afraid of it at times. However, he made himself this way and he had no way of escape.

Trapped in his own reality, it was he himself who refused to walk out of the circle he made. However,  he didn't have a choice either. He was simply a ghost that wasn't supposed to exist, or at least he was told so.

《—♡ 》
🐾your author is back with
another royal au!
first of all, im sorry the prince isnt yuta
but he is the main character rest assure ;)
the royal lifestyle in here might
be mixed from various cultures
so bear with me ((and i hope i dont
offend anyone!))
happy reading, and leave comments!