19.

Yuta eyed his surroundings a few times, to ensure that he didn't stand out. He had to become a ghost again, and nighttime was his favourite time to be on the move.

As he had worked for the queen for quite a while, he was very used to the ways inside the palace. Silently, he made his way towards the previous princess' compounds.

The instant he arrived, he didn't waste time and started to rummage through the outsides of the large built room. However, he found nothing around the compound and so he decided to go inside, though he was sure he had never set foot inside before. Just in case, he thought.

When Yuta got inside, he knew he had to be extra silent as people from the outside could hear him. There were so many of them visiting at the moment. Being an assassin, it wasn't a difficult request to fulfil. He started to get to work and started searching for any evidence of the queen's assassins.

He had never been inside of the royal families' room, not even the queen's. It fascinated him how luxurious the interior design was, but he had no time to be distracted.

Yuta slid open a door, enough for him to walk inside the bedroom. The bed was neatly done, it must've been like that ever since her disappearance, the prince must've made sure for no one to touch it.

He sighed slightly, to breathe properly as he felt suffocated doing this kind of duty again. He swore to himself yet again that he will get out of this contract. He'd risk anything to return to his normal life again, and he had plans to court Eunmi. Of course, none of that was possible yet.

As he spent quite some time searching, he realised there was nothing. It was a relief, now he can proceed to his current life without having to worry. Yuta was about to giddily make his exit when he noticed a portrait hung above the doorway.

It didn't bother him at first until he realised whom it actually resembled. He almost laughed, it was impossible. It might just be a coincidence, as the princess was dead. However, it still bugged him—

"Oh my, it's the prince!"

He heard people from the outside creating a hassle, it was time for him to leave as the more people gather, the higher his chance of getting caught.

The assassin managed to make his way out of the bedroom, but he stood frozen when he saw Eunmi from afar, he didn't know why but there was something that bothered him again. Yuta observed as Eunmi ran away, she did so after the prince saw her.

It was something suspicious, Yuta was very observant and he question everything. He wouldn't bother asking as he knew he wouldn't get the answer he wanted, and so he decided to run after her as well.

He managed to stop her for a moment as the two collided and instantly took her hand to run, Yuta got the chance to glance at the prince as he stopped on his tracks eyeing the two.

《—♡ 》

Jaehyun was on his way to get his wife, they were both off duties. Due to the festival, the royal house allowed them to return home for a short while. As they were done for the day, he promised to fetch her by Seora's previous chamber.

As he waited, his eyes were wandering around, eyeing the people with interests. He was fascinated by how alive the palace was, it had been years.

He smiled to himself, thinking about how delighted the princess would be to witness this herself. He somehow felt sorry for her, she never had freedom, the queen barely allowed her to step foot outside, there was always an excuse made up for her to just stay inside.