13.

Seora left the house earlier than usual, this time she planned to wait and meet Yuta in front of his house instead of him coming to hers, simply because she didn't want Youngmi to know how he looks like, she might send Jaehyun to stalk her.

It was awfully early, she thought it would be impossible for Yuta to be awake. In the end, she found herself staring at his front door. She had never entered his house before, would be a lie to say she wasn't curious what was it like inside.

However, she wasn't rude. The palace taught her many protocols and one of it was to not enter someone's chamber without their permission.

Thus, she sat outside his doorsteps, waiting for him to wake up and open the door. Hopefully, that wouldn't be too long.

However, it hasn't been long, the princess got bored so easily. She decided to leave a message and leave for town first. The girl wandered around, hoping he left writing equipments outside until it occurred her, he probably doesn't know how to read or write. Only the rich do.

As she wandered around, she found herself at the back of his house, the scenery was nothing much but woods, but there was a small room built outside, detached from the house. Curious, she went to check. However, before she could, someone held her by the arm and spun her around.

Seora was quite scared at first, the pull was rough, but her heart calmed down when it turned out to be Yuta. The male's gaze softened instantly when he realised who it was.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his eyes shifted from the woods and towards her. "I wanted to wake you up?" She replied, but it sounded like a question instead. "I thought you were sleeping, why are you outside?" She asked, changing the topic.

"Why can't I be outside?" He asked back in which the princess scoffed and pulled her arm away from him slowly.

"Come on, let's get going."

She walked ahead, the few days of walking back and forth from town to the village has made her automatically memorise the path. Yuta and her became attached to one another so easily. He was awfully nice, and at times humorous.

If they had things to carry or people asking for favours, he would volunteer to do it and told her to just stay in the library, a gentleman what the princess would describe him as. It reminded her so much of Taeyong, the prince she was trying to forget.

Many times he would hold her hand on purpose, which at first, Seora would pull away but it became something normal. He would find many reasons to do so, she didn't know why.

"There's a festival soon, in town."

Yuta appeared next to her out of the blue. "Oh, that sounds exciting." She replied, her eyes up front. "It's a celebration for the upcoming season, spring." He added. "I can tell it would be beautiful." The princess said, as images of flowers blooming flashed before her eyes.

"Of course, especially if you were to attend." He commented. Ah, not to forget cheesy comments is a must from him. Seora chuckled lightly, not bothering to look at him.

"I'm being serious, come with me to the festival." He fastened his pace and stopped right in front of her to look at her. Seora stopped on her tracks, and looked at him for a second before bursting out into a grin.

She looked to the her sides nervously, somehow couldn't meet his eyes. "I can't promise you anything. I can't leave—"

"Eunmi, you can." Yuta stopped her. "You just don't want to." He added. It was a tease, he wanted her to say yes. "This is my first time asking someone out for a date, you can't turn me down." Yuta said bluntly.

"Oh my, a date?"

Seora couldn't hide the excitement through her smile. Somehow, he fluttered her heart, but being a princess, she had been courted many times, thus she wasn't going to admit it so easily.

Yuta had his usual grin, he couldn't help it. Seeing her makes him smile, it was a natural phenomenon for him. "Is it a yes?" He asked, he was taking bold steps, something he had never done in his life before. This was only because he was uncertain of what his future holds. He refused to believe wholly that the queen would set him free.

"I guess?" Seora nervously chuckled as Yuta took her hand and swing it energetically. "Yes!" He exclaimed. The two then proceeded walking towards town, where they work together again, spending more time with just them.

《—♡ 》

"Eunmi?"

Yuta called for her as a customer was waiting in front of the counter. A few moments ago, she was busy dusting a new side they discovered of the library and since then, she never appeared again.

The male realised the girl probably didn't hear him, so he decided to take over her job for a moment. Luckily, it went on smoothly. He left the front counter and decided to look for her.

It must be that she found something interesting, or she was looking at drawings again of old diaries. She was always so enthusiastic about it.

"Eunmi?" He tried calling her again, but there was no answer. Strange, he thought to himself. He went to the new section and looked around, thus decided to call her name again.

"Yes?" Eunmi appeared next to him. A feather duster in her hand, and her face was covered with grey dusts, she looked like a child who got dirty after playing with her friends.

He couldn't help but to chuckle at the sight. "You have dust all over your face." He commented. "Oh, no." Seora placed the feather duster aside and started wiping her face with her bare hands. Only she didn't realise her hands were also dirty from all the dusting.

Yuta laughed at her silliness, she was acting like a child. He loved the sight somehow, seeing her cute made him flutter. "You're making it worse," he commented.

"Stop."

He said, and held her face with both of his hands. He used his thumbs to wipe the few grey powder on her cheeks. The touch made the princess cheeks' burn and she prayed he wouldn't notice how pink they might be.

Yuta realised how close they were facing each other. He stared at her eyes for a moment, down to her cheeks he wiped and it travelled down to her lips. He grew nervous, the thought of kissing her came into mind.

Being the bold and new him, he wanted to confirm a theory. If all his flirting was actually one sided or not, thus he slowly leaned down. He aimed for a kiss, hoping she wouldn't reject him. Yuta wanted her, the first person he ever learned to open up to.

Seora was left speechless, she noticed the close distance between them. She realise that he was holding her so close, and she realised that he was leaning down.

The princess was unsure of her feelings, but she was certain she didn't want to move away. Yuta made her happy after all the hassles she went through. At least through this ruthless surviving she was going through, he was there to make her forget. He reminded her so much of the prince she loved— No.

Seora realised it was wrong, she shouldn't love him as a substitute, it was unfair to him. He has no idea of her identity, this was a cruel thing to do and so—she turned away.

"I— I have to be at the counter."

Yuta slowly watched as she leave his touch and walked away from him, avoiding eye contact as much as possible. He didn't know why she rejected him, it hurt a little but he wasn't going to give up just yet.

《—♡ 》
🐾hello! back after a while
smtown in chile looked so fun
jeno was speaking in spanish,, im okay
and i am entirely in love
with WAYV 💚