21.

"Is everything alright?"

Youngmi asked as soon as she found her husband walking into the bedroom. She couldn't ignore the concerned expression he had. Jaehyun had a thin smile put on as he took a seat next to her on the bed.

"Has it something to do with the commotion at the castle today?" She asked, as if reading his thoughts. Slowly, the male nodded his head, acknowledging her answer. "I'm sure they've had the guards to take care of it."

Jaehyun was silent as Youngmi mumbled things to prevent him from overthinking. However, it was too late. He had only two scenes in his head, what he just saw at his doorsteps, and the male who sneaked into the princess' chamber.

He had no prove that it was the same person, but he had a hunch. Then again, he could prove nothing that the male was out to harm the princess. However, being her bodyguard, he was told to suspect everyone.

"Do you think this would all fall apart one day?" He suddenly asked which probably caught his wife by surprise. Youngmi wanted to ask something, but Jaehyun continued asking. "This plan we thought so thoroughly, do you think it will all end one day?" He asked again, his eyes looking right into hers.

"I...I'm afraid so." Youngmi replied.

"What did you see?" She asked, she needn't to guess, there was something going on. "It's nothing, I just thought I saw the princess at the palace today. That wouldn't make sense." He smiled softly as he dismissed the topic.

《—♡ 》

Seora had a sleepless night, it wasn't morning yet but she couldn't tell how long she had been awake. Everytime she wanted to close her eyes, she'd become restless instead.

The moment where Taeyong saw her would make her heart race. She was afraid as she didn't know if he truly recognise her or if he was as uncertain as her. She regretted to ever return.

She didn't want to give him hope, this would only make it hard for him to move on when she had already forgotten him. It was the one thing she hated, she promised herself to end the torture for him, but now she was making it worse.

Seora reached for the ring that she kept under her bed, she stared at in the dark for a moment. She didn't know what to do, she caused a ruckus and she has to be completely responsible for any actions the prince might take next.

"I'm sorry..."

She mumbled to herself while staring at the object. It cannot be undone, she just have to pretend it never happened. It's unlikely for Taeyong to immediately find her, he'll give up eventually.

Seora walked out of her bedroom, it was still so late. No one was awake certainly. She sat at the front door, staring into darkness. It didn't bother her as she wanted to get some thoughts off her mind for a while.

This was the quickest way she could think of to clear her mind. She tried her best to relax herself, calm her heartbeat and hopefully be at ease to finally close her eyes.

As she had her eyes close, she caught a sudden shine passed by her. Almost instantly, the princess opened her eyes to search for the source. Her eyes followed the torch that was slowly disappearing down the hill.

'Is that Yuta?' She thought, it was in the direction of where Yuta's house was. It was then it occurred her, what was he doing awake as well. She decided to pay him a visit, maybe he could ease the guilt she had at the moment.

The princess couldn't contain her smile out of the blue as she recalled the little moment they had before they both returned home. As she giddily made her way there, she stopped on her tracks to see if he was truly awake.

His place seemed to have the lights on, but Seora couldn't exactly come inside as she noticed that Yuta might not be alone.

She wasn't the nosy type but she had never seen Yuta having a visitor. She barely seen him with any acquaintances at all. He was a very secretive person if she were to describe and now, having a visitor in the middle of the night? That is something unusual.

The princess decided to feed her curiosity. She wanted to spy on the him, just so she could properly learn more about him. However, as she turned around, she instantly collided into someone else.

"Wh—"

"Keep your voice down, Your Highness." It was Jaehyun, she didn't have time to ask him questions as he started to pull her away to hide. "How did you find me?" Seora whispered, but she noticed that Jaehyun too was busy spying on Yuta.

What for? However, she didn't have much suspicion as she thought it was normal for Jaehyun to suspect everyone when it comes to her safety. "Jaehyun, you know this is unnecessary right? He's harmles—"

Just at that, Jaehyun cut her off and pointed to Yuta's front door. The door opened, revealing Yuta as he stood outside, followed by a palace guard. Almost instantly, a hand went over her mouth to prevent herself from making noises.

Seora was confused, was Jaehyun aware of this? Did he know who this was? She had so many questions, did Yuta know who the guard was as well? What were they discussing? Or was Yuta simply in trouble for the mess he caused with the noblemen?

Out of the blue, the palace guard wielded is sword and placed it at his neck. Seora wanted to stand, she couldn't just sit and watch, but Jaehyun prevented her from moving.

She shot daggers at her bodyguard, but he pleaded her not to move. "You cannot risk your identity, this will cause everything to fall apart. Please, Your Highness." He begged.

The princess knew better to listen to him, but she couldn't just let this guard harm Yuta. What if he kills him just because the noblemen hired him to? "You must do something, we can't let him die." Seora whispered.

Jaehyun diverted his gaze from the princess and towards the two men. It was intense, he didn't know which one to listen to. However luckily, the palace guard kept the sword again, and hopped on his horse.

Soon enough, he left the compound. However, Jaehyun noticed something so familiar, the sun symbol. The palace guard had it on his sword, a traitor? He couldn't confirm, but the symbol was starting to bug him, and he knew it meant more than just that.

"Let's go home." Jaehyun asked for the princess. She stared at Yuta until he retreated back into his house before agreeing to follow Jaehyun home. She didn't dare to ask what he was doing there or if he was following her, as she knew he had the same questions for her as well.

Just as they reached home, Seora thought the silence would continue but she was wrong. "You cannot be distracted, Milady." Jaehyun voiced softly. He tried not to hurt her feelings, but he hoped she understood what he was trying to say.

"I cannot live like this forever, I cannot depend on your family until the end. I have my pride, and I will not return as a princess, she's dead." She reasoned.

"Prince Taeyong—" he tried to tell her that the prince was still so in love and was still searching for her, but Seora didn't want to hear if.

"The prince, needs to understand that I am no longer the princess he loved."

"You've done enough for me Jaehyun, allow me to make my own decisions now. I must learn even if I make mistakes, you are no longer responsible for my actions, I am my own self."

《—♡ 》
🐾omg this took a while
to update, but hello!
wayv is THE superior unit,
im just so in love with everything
related to their comeback 💕