27.

As Seora opened her eyes, she found herself left alone in her bedroom. Her body was sore from the night she chose to forget, however his touch and his very voice still lingered in her mind.

She remembered one in particular, when he kissed her, he called her name. Her real name.

Only then, she finally had to admit. Yuta was as what she had been told of. His identity was a lie, but still she was contemplating on the truth. She didn't know if he was truly a bad person at all.

Seora knew she couldn't stay long. She didn't know where he had ran off to, but it won't be for long until he gets pressured to finish her off. In the mean time, she thought of this as a chance to escape.

However, as soon as she walked out of her room she noticed a few things out of place. The kitchen was untouched, Uncle's bedroom door was left open, and Hayoung's voice was nowhere to be heard.

Everything wasn't right. Her perception of assassin had always been vicious and cruel, they kill who they were told to, and they never question be it a child or an adult.

Instantly, she ran outside and shouted for Hayoung's name. Though she doubted that Yuta would harm her but she recalled that she barely knew who he was.

"Hayoung—"

"Silent."

The princess went quiet as a sword pointed by her neck. She looked over to her left and found no other than Yuta. He was still dressed in black, his expression was far different than she had ever seen. He had part of his face covered, as a typical assassin was dressed.

It broke her heart to see him willingly doing this. She wanted to tell him to stop, that this wasn't him but Seora knew she wasn't in place to say so.

"Where is she?" She braved herself to ask. "She's with Uncle, I told them to leave." Seora was slightly relieved, they might not know what he was supposed to do after all. Maybe, he didn't want Hayoung to think of him indifferently, maybe he was still a nice person deep down.

Of course, she wasn't going to stay still. He might still be the same Yuta towards Hayoung, but he was different towards her now. She couldn't read his mind, she couldn't guess what he would do to her at the moment.

Eventually, he tied her hands and there was utter silence between the two of them. Seora thought he was going to cut her head off next but he pushed her forward to start walking, and that was when she realised, he was taking her to the queen.

The thought itself horrified her, she didn't want to die in the hands of the same woman who killed both of her parents. That was the last thing she wanted, she still had her revenge, she couldn't die now.

The princess knew combat, even in the slightest way. She swung her arm and hit him right in the face, she gave no chance for him to rise and kicked his stomach, sending him down to the ground.

Instantly, she ran for her life. She needed to either hide or completely lose sight of him. He was an assassin after all, his skills was far greater than her, he could easily find her.

Unfortunately for her, before she could even escape far from him, he caught up to her. Yuta grabbed her by the forearm roughly. Seora quickly retreated her hand and started battling with him. Their tussle ended up with Yuta accidentally slashing her thigh with the sword he was holding in one hand.

Seora uttered a yelp and quickly held onto the wound. Of course she was bleeding though it wasn't a massive wound, and luckily it wasn't deep enough to harm her.

She caught the look in his eyes, he was panicking. She didn't know why, but she hoped it was truly because he cared. The princess was scared of him, but still, she didn't want to lose him.