28.

It all happened too quickly for her to register.  As Seora finally figured out that Doyoung would not only murder her, but also everyone in the castle, she realised how dangerous he was.

Before she could even try to defend herself, Doyoung launched forward to defend himself from an attack. Seora was pushed down to the ground and she realised Yuta was protecting her from Doyoung.

She realised she had to find her way out to the castle and warn Taeyong. She couldn't trust either of them, both of them are killers. However, her escapes were often failures.

It happened before her eyes as Doyoung's sword slit through the other's abdomen, leaving an enormous would across his body as Yuta feel to the ground with his blood slowly filling the ground around him.

Seora couldn't even ran far, she saw what happened and quickly turn around. No , she had no voice to scream anymore. At the moment, she could only think of running to his side.

The princess was somehow afraid, not because of Doyoung. She was afraid she might lose Yuta this time. The fear was rising and she couldn't think properly and even prioritise her life at the moment. All she thought was she couldn't lose another person in her life.

However, before she could even touch his hand, she was yanked backwards by Doyoung. He pulled her away roughly though she tried to resist and that was when her eyes started to water.

Seora caught the look in Yuta's eyes as he watched her being dragged away by Doyoung. He forced himself to sit, though his face showed all the pain he had to swallow in order to do so.

The princess was then brought face to face with an open scenery. It was a familiar sight, this was the first thing she saw when Youngmi and her arrived at the village, it was a wide and mesmerising sight.

The whole village can be seen upfront with the castle standing so majestically further in sight. This was also the place where she shared her first kiss with Yuta after they escaped from those angry noblemen.

She was shoved to kneel down as she faced the scenery. "It's better to finish you first." She could hear Doyoung say. At this point, she didn't care if she died, everyone had always been out for her head before and after years, one of them is finally succeeding.

Seora turned away and tried to look at Yuta who wasn't far away for the last time. She could only give a thin smile, she never thanked him for all of his kindness, though she could never tell if they were sincere.

The sharp metal was placed right at her throat, the male held her by the hair tightly so her life would just end with one slash. Pain sparked through as it pierced through her skin a little.

Doyoung pulled the sword away and was ready to swing once in full force. However, the sword never came back. Seora couldn't tell if she was imagining things but she hears an arrow.

Slowly, she turned around as she watched Doyoung who tried to strike forward fall to the ground with another arrow piercing right through his stomach. He fell to the ground right in front of her as palace guards swarm to his side and took him away.

Her saviour came in sight as he crouched down to cut the ties around her wrist. "Jaehyun," she paused for a second. "Have you found him?" She asked without explaining anything.

The prince smiled to assure her and held onto her shoulder. "Yes, we found him. He will survive, don't worry." He said. Seora was relieved as she hung her head low. She then brought up her face and looked behind Taeyong.

The guards were also assisting Yuta, however she wasn't at ease with what awaits for him. An assassin would be executed, she knew that much but how was she to explain her feelings for him. It would be biased somehow.

"Let's go home, your home."

He smiled at her. Taeyong might not know, but to hear those words and to finally understand that all of her sufferings and her family's pain had come to an end, she was truly glad and thankful.

Unknowingly, she found herself crying as she pulled him into a hug. She had so many reasons to do so, other than she was truly thankful she was also very sorry that he might have to learn her true feelings now. She wondered if he would truly do the same if he knew she didn't love him anymore.

《—♡ 》
🐾 this is a short one
but yo,,, dnyl is so good 😭
dont forget to vote for 127
on idol champ!!