2.

"You must leave now, Your Highness."

The male bowed his head a little, not daring to meet his superior in the eyes. "Lady Youngmi will show you the way." He backed away one step, allowing his superior to get a look on him.

"Be safe, milady." He wished one last time before the princess made her leave along with the court lady. She covered herself and the wedding dress she was wearing with a dull black robe.

Yes, she was missing. Yes, she ran away. She escaped because of many reasons but for now she had to focus on not getting caught. Her bodyguard and her court lady were the only ones who knew about this escape. They helped her the most but she had no time to thank them at all.

They were already outside the castle, at the back where the forest awaited them. They had no choice but to follow this route, by now, they knew the prince must've called people out for a search.

Seora followed to whichever way the court lady pointed to her as they rode the horse. By the time they reached the mountainside, they had to walk.

It was a very unfamiliar thing for a princess like her to walk the rocky roads of the mountainside. It didn't end there, they were on a race and also a scheme. The court lady took out a pot she had in possession the whole ride, it was some sort of paste, a dark bloody red coloured.

She painted it slobbishly on the horse, making it look as if it was attacked. Seora held the horse by its face, she loved the horse very much. She grew up with it. Never had she ever thought they would have to part ways.

Eventually, they released the horse to go. Seora found herself staring at the animal's leaving figure until a soft voice called for her.

She was indeed impressed by her court lady, her expression showed how she was in a rush and worried about her state but somehow, she didn't scream, she kept her composure. Youngmi was a great actress.

The two ladies walked the path that would lead them to safety, somewhere far from everyone. They had to make the princess disappear, kill her for she was supposed to die on this day.

A wedding was supposed to be the happiest day of the couple's lives but it wasn't supposed to be like that for her. This day marked a joyful day indeed but for the one who aimed for her head.

Although the princess had no idea how she was supposed to die today, but she figured out as long as she was out of the palace everyone else should be fine. What she worried was no only they wanted to kill her, but also they might harm the people who worked for her like Youngmi and her husband.

After long investigation and thinking, she decided to run away and fake her death. The royal life she had never impressed her anyway, it was dull and dark, full of hatred and deceive but above all that she could only discover one diamond; Prince Taeyong.

He was kind, he was charming indeed but he had no power. It was why his kingdom decided to marry him off to her country. He was merely a puppet and if he married her, they'd both be powerless because she was in the hands of the Queen.

Yet ironically, she was trying to murder her. All for her other daughter, her blood daughter.

Seora had a younger stepsister, they were never raised together. Never spent time with one another, they only knew each other by name. She was her father's favourite, it was the only reason how she made it as the Crown Princess but that meant nothing now that the king himself was lying sick on his bed.

In the end, the Queen had all the power. One wrong step, she would eliminate her last bloodline to get the power she was obsessed for.

"Your Highness, be careful!"

Youngmi shrieked as she held onto the princess, preventing her from falling down a steep, rocky slope. Seora's breath hitched but she regained composure quickly as they had no time to stop.

"I think, we must rest. You are tired, my princess." She said. However, Seora was uncomfortable with the idea. She didn't fear for her life, she feared for Youngmi's. They might be tortured if they were captured.

"I'm fine, we cannot stop." Seora insisted. Youngmi had to agree and the two continued to walk, they had to descend slowly from the top to finally reach a village.

As she was told, Youngmi said the people there were carefree, it'd be a distraction for herself if she ever missed the palace. What was important, the village was very further from the palace.

However, Seora found herself stopping unconsciously. She wasn't used to walking so far, especially on rocky route like this. Her feet hurt, but she didn't want to burden her court lady, not when she had done too much for her.

"Is everything alright, Your Highness?" She asked. Seora stopped and looked down on her feet, she glanced at her court lady and forced a smile. The princess nodded her head and looked away. However, the scenery in front of her made the pain go away.

She was mesmerised by the beauty of it. She had never seen such as her only view was the palace. As it was almost the end of winter, the ground below was coloured with white and brown.

The cottages still had snow on their roofs, and the lights in the village made it look like a fantasy. It looked like one of her paintings, she had imagined this from her dream. Was she standing in reality at this moment?

Youngmi smiled, she saw the painting before. "It's the same isn't it?" She asked and the princess nodded slowly. "Welcome to my hometown." Youngmi smiled softly. "It feels like destiny." Seora chuckled and eventually, the two descended down towards their safe haven.

《—♡ 》
🐾 this fic might go slow ( i warned ya)
bcs my college is starting so
stay with me people!