7.

"O-Ouch!"

The girl winced a lot, it was very painful but she knew that her court lady was trying her best. Seora tried not to wince as Youngmi had a very dark expression on her, she was angry and worried, she could tell that much.

"Why did you ever go up there?" She said as she massaged the princess' ankle. Luckily, it wasn't broken as what she had thought, it was just swollen but Seora expected the pain to be all the same.

Dramatic, but she had never learn such pain before. Of course she knew how to fight, but she was never hurt. Jaehyun was kind enough to train her that way.

Seora winced again as Youngmi pressed on the twisted part of her foot. "What if someone had seen you? Your effort of running away would've been a waste." She said as she wrapped her ankle in a bandage.

"You said my dreams are magic, but there were no lilacs!"

Youngmi turned a little too quickly as she glared at her daughter. "You are in a lot of trouble young lady!" She said. "Running off like that and causing danger to peopl—"

"It wasn't her fault, Youngmi. I had to get the bracelet." Seora said as she lifted up her arm for her to see the bracelet. Hayoung was probably sad that her mother scolded her because she ran out of the room. "Besides, no one would know who I am. I'm always locked in the palace." Seora stated.

"How is he?"

"I didn't get to see Your Majesty, but a maid told me he was fine. He didn't seem to have known about your disappearance yet." Youngmi said. Seora pulled her lips into a thin smile. Of course she missed him and it would tear her apart if he were to find out about this.

She mentioned to Taeyong before, to take care of her father if anything were to happen to her. She reinstated so in her letter as well, she just hope he understood and played his part. Though she felt bad for burdening him but Seora knew herself that her father wouldn't last long with his condition.

He wasn't just suffering a disease, he was in so much pain after his wife's death, Seora's mother. Seora saw herself how much he changed, isolated himself. His wounded heart was worsening the disease he caught, he was in despair and he had no will to live, not even for his daughter.

"What about..."

Youngmi didn't need to ask who, she had worked with the princess for years. She could tell what she wanted to say without her having to finish it.

"The prince was... furious if I could put it." Youngmi said, recalling the scene she created at the palace. "He didn't say anything but his hands were shaking when he took the box." She added.

"If he believes it, everyone else will." Seora shut her eyes, she tried not to imagine how his reaction was. It hurt her that she had to cause sadness to someone like Taeyong. She was guilty of it but she had to survive. She wouldn't die in the queen hands.

Seora had reasons to believe the evil queen was also her mother's cause of death, and she promised herself she wouldn't suffer the same fate. She wanted revenge, but she was too weak. The princess barely had any influence. She could only rely on the puzzle pieces she left for Taeyong. He was her last hope.

《—♡ 》

Taeyong was restless, the week passed by and he couldn't even get an eye shut. He was too eager to find the princess. He believed much that she was still alive, and in hiding, waiting for him to find her.

He knew Seora from when they were children. He watched the change in her when her mother died, he was always there but he couldn't do anything no matter how much he promised to make it better for her.

However now, it was his only chance. He wasn't going to let Seora suffer alone. He had to help her and he would do anything for her safety and return.

The letter was his only lead, he knew that she trusted him that much to have left a clue for him. He was left with worries, he needed to know that she was safe so he could focus. His worries were also the cause of his reckless actions at time.

Luckily, Doyoung was always there to assist him. The prince would've been lost or taken the wrong path if it wasn't for his friend. He was a very good help, he felt truly lucky to have him by his side.

Again, the prince found himself reading the letter. He tried to understand it clearly so he wouldn't make any mistakes or waste any time. He wanted to see her again soon enough.

My dear prince,
Please be safe and well cared.
Have the country at your mercy
For I can assure you that I am at peace.
Keep your promise I ask,
And have the king at ease.
Do not look for me,
For you do not deserve such mess.

I am free from strings,
Enemies of jewels is what I bring;
Separated by the drop of red,
Beware of the sun that sets for your head.
Lastly, I thank you for everything,
My apologies to leave the ring.

She signed it off at the back of the letter, he would read it everyday. Taeyong was frustrated on how he had to handle this. He wanted it to be done quick but he knew such plan that Seora put for him required patience.

Taeyong only dealt with the first part, he took care of the king. Seora's father. He was bedridden and so far, he had no knowledge on what happened to his daughter. Even if he did, he never spoke. Not once had he heard the king's voice.

He was very secretive and always preferred to be alone. Not even the queen spent her nights with him. Seora had told him that he was too sad to be with anyone, her father said this was his punishment for not being able to protect her mother.

It was something Taeyong couldn't understand the pain, but that never kept him away from trying to. He loved Seora a lot, if only he had been honest with her from the start, he wouldn't be in such regret.

《—♡ 》
🐾love shot is so freaking addicting
and hair in the air was so cute :(((