12.

"Where are you heading?"

Jaehyun looked up from his feet and met eyes with his acquaintance, the prince's righthand man. He flashed a small smile before replying, "Home, its been a while now."

Doyoung nodded his head slowly. Working for the palace means a lot of things to give up, but luckily they were still allowed to return provided, they're never late for their daily duties to the royalties.

He never personally knew Jaehyun, but the two were starting to become friends as the prince and princess were always together before. Doyoung didn't know much other than that he is married and lived quite far from town. He also acknowledged how much of a skilled fighter Jaehyun was, he was observant and quick.

"How's the prince doing?" Jaehyun asked. Doyoung was a pessimist, he always had his doubts and wonders but it would all be kept to himself. Hearing such question from Jaehyun, gave a negative impression but then again, he thought it was just him.

"It wouldn't be good if he's mourning over the Highness' gone." Jaehyun added. "She would be sad to know." He said, trying to make it sound as if she was truly gone from their lives. "Ah, he's..." Doyoung paused, trying to find the right words.

"Healing." He replied, unsure what to say. He and the prince knew that the princess was still alive, they had reasons to believe so, but Doyoung wondered, were they the only ones who knew?

Still, they had to move quickly for the next clue, they were on a times hunt. The longer they took, probably the more danger the princess might be in.

Jaehyun stared for a while, thinking about the mess everyone was caught in. "That's a relief, I hope he'll be fine." He gave a small smile. "Thank you for your concern." Doyoung replied.

"Say, you have a daughter right?" Doyoung asked, at the mention of the girl, Jaehyun's face lit up. He missed the little one very much, she was awfully cheerful, always understanding even at such young age. He nodded, replying to the male's question.

Doyoung took out something from his pocket, a piece of hair tie, it was a pale blue in colour, with white and yellow flowers embroidered in it. Jaehyun was stunned and confused by the sudden gift. "A lady gave it to me when I helped her, but since I don't have a wife nor a girl I adore, I'll give it to someone who does." He flashed a gummy smile.

Jaehyun laughed a little, it was a beautiful gift. "Thank you, she will love it." He replied. "What was her name again?" Doyoung asked. "Hayoung." The other male replied, a huge grin was now plastered on his face. The thought of his daughter made him feel excited to head home.

"Have a safe journey."

《—♡ 》

Seora was exhausted, even if she volunteered to help the old man and take over his job, she didn't know she'd be this tired. However, being a dignified person she was, she refused to show it especially in front of Yuta.

No matter what she told him, he refused to listen and decided to follow her to town, doing most of parts of the job.

Luckily, she managed to convince him not to walk her home, but that would only be valid for today. As she returned home, she noticed Hayoung was seated outside, reading the book she gave her to practise her reading.

Almost instantly, she caught the blue cloth tied at the end of the girl's hair. It was a beautiful hair tie, and she wondered where she could have gotten it. As she was about to ask and approach, her question was answered.

"Hayoun— Your High— E-Eunmi!" Youngmi almost busted her whole cover, her voice was too loud, luckily they had no neighbours.

"Youngmi! You're back." The princess approached her to give a hug. "Where have you been?" Youngmi asked, half whispering. "Town." The princess replied short, surprising her court lady again.

"Your Highness, you know you're not supposed to. You cannot go back and forth, I'll take over Jaehyun's father's job." Youngmi offered, it was nonsense especially to the princess. "Youngmi, I'm fine." She replied.

She glanced at Hayoung to ensure the girl didn't hear the formalities her mother was using. "I enjoy the library actually, please let me do this. I told you I have to repay." The princess begged.

Youngmi served her for many years, and throughout her service she knew one thing for sure, the princess had her ways of persuading, it was simply irresistible. It was one of the charms that made the prince fell for her as well.

The court lady sighed, she couldn't say she agree but Seora took it as a yes. "You even taught her how to read." Youngmi changed the topic as she glanced at her daughter, she was delighted of it although she felt like a burden to the princess. She was a royal blood, she wasn't supposed to live in debt and hiding.

"She's very good at it." Seora replied. Hayoung managed to grow on her, Seora didn't know she'd enjoy the little one's company very much. She was a little blessing she found in her life.

"Where's Yuta?" Hayoung asked. At that question, everyone fell silent. Seora didn't dare to look at Youngmi, she would just go mad again.

"Who's Yuta?" The lady asked, she glared slightly at the princess before turning to her child. A child never lies, Seora knew she messed up.

She tried to change the topic, but Youngmi wasn't easily distracted. "The man who came by everyday to walk with Eunmi." She replied, and it gave away every information Youngmi needed to know. The princess avoided eye contact and looked straightly towards Hayoung.

"Oh my, thats a beautiful hair tie." She touched the blue cloth which instantly brought a smile to the little one's face. "Daddy gave it to me." She grinned cutely. "It's beautiful, I wish I had one." Seora pretended to sound sad.

"Maybe you should ask one from Yuta."

Youngmi voiced from behind and Seora had to roll her eyes, she was being a court lady again. "He's just helping." Seora replied, not bothering to look behind. "First they help, then they fall in love." Youngmi snapped.

"That would not happen, I'm not opening myself to anyone." She replied, she thought of the prince. Her heart was still for him, but even she knew that the feeling was starting to fade away. It was only because Seora knew she had to wash it away, she cannot love him. She's dead.

"You are in grave danger if he knows who you are." Youngmi said, sounding like a mother she is. "I'm dead remember?" Seora replied, finally looking at Youngmi's disagreeing expression. "Even if there's rumour about my living, no one would probably believe so." She replied coolly.

"Now stop worrying, you look old."

《—♡ 》
🐾 im so excited for wayv's debut!!
the teasers so far were amazing
i love all of them :(((