2: The Grey Wolf

Note: texts in Italic represents that person's inner thoughts.

————————————————————————

The cat Riku exited the student service centre and was surprised to see Iori still standing in front.

"Ahhh Iori, you waited for me???" Riku asked in excitement. He was nervous as he didn't know this uni. Even with the timetable sorted, he would still have to find his way to classes.

As if Iori could read Riku's mind. "If I weren't waiting, would you know where to go?" He glanced at the printed timetable in Riku's hand - year 1 class A. "It seems like we are in the same class anyway, and we still have 20 mi..."

"OMG WE ARE IN THE SAME CLASS!?!" The cat's ears pointed up, Riku shouted loudly. He was so excited and relieved at the same time that he got to know someone from the same class. Iori wasn't so sure anymore if the person standing before him was really a cat.

"Oi! Cat! Be quiet! People are in classes, you know?!"

The red head's tail straightened and froze. He slowly turned his head the way the growl came. His eyes met with those of a tall man with cool silver hair. Damn, he was good-looking alright. His grey-coloured ears were as pointy as Riku's, but Riku knew instantly he was not a cat as he saw fangs poking out of his mouth.

"Yaotome-san, you are shouting," Iori stated the fact. People passing by were staring at the three because of Gaku's shouting, not Riku's.

"Shut up! Anyway, cat, I've never seen you before. Are you the new kid who missed the whole welcome week?" Asked Gaku

"H-How do you know about me?" Riku was surprised. Before he could ask any more, he got his answers.

"My two classmates and I were in charge of organising the welcome week for new students. On the attendance list, there was always one name without a tick - Nanase Riku," Gaku answered while staring at the redhead. Another cat, huh? He thought.

"Uhh..um..hai, that's me."

"So why did you miss-"

Before Gaku could finish his sentence, Iori cut him off. "Sorry, Yaotome-san, but we really need to head to our class." He started walking away. Riku was slightly confused but knew he had to follow Iori, so he bowed to Gaku and then ran to catch up with Iori.

Riku and Iori got to class just in time. Most students were already in their seats. Iori felt like he had become the centre of attention. It wasn't because of him though. It was Riku.

"Hey, look at that cat. Isn't he kinda cute?"

"Wow, that boy's hair is so red."

"I don't remember seeing him before. Who is he?"

Whispers and gossip were filling the classroom. Riku was super, super uncomfortable. Sure, he liked attention, but not this kind of attention.

"Nanase-san, you can sit here." Iori pointed to the seat next to him, trying to distract Riku. "Let me introduce these two." He turned to the people sitting behind him.

"This leopard here is Rokuya Nagi, half Japanese, and the horse next to him is Yotsuba Tamaki. I met them during welcome week. " Iori then turned to face the two, "This is Nanase Riku, his first day today."

"Hi~" Nagi smiled elegantly and waved to him.

"Hey, Rikkun," Tamaki said, shoving the last bit of ousama pudding in his mouth.

"Nanase Riku... desu. Wait... Rikkun???"

"Don't mind him. Tamaki likes to call people's nicknames."

Everyone turned to face the front of the room when they heard a door sliding open. The teacher entered the classroom, and without wasting any second, she made an announcement.

"Hello, mina-san. Most of you have met me already but my name is Takanashi Tsumugi. I'm your music class sensei. Now, as most of you are already aware, this uni specialises in music, and we expect good results from you. Of course, the sensei(s) here will be providing our best support."

Riku tensed up, and he wasn't the only one. Of all the classes students had, music class was the only main subject. Other classes, such as PE or art, were just there for students to "de-stress".

"First years, your assignment is to sing. Us Sensei will be judging you on the performance day to find the best singer of the year. You can go solo or team up with anyone in school. Teaming up with senpai is also fine, except for TRIGGER and Re:vale members, who won last year and the year before."

That didn't make Riku feel any better. He felt so much pressure. His cat's ears flopped. He got into this uni because the headmaster himself invited him. He didn't know why. He didn't know if the headmaster knew how weak his lungs were. He didn't do the audition like the others. Oh no, what am I going to do? Riku thought.

________________________________

And that's the second chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. The first few chapters are gonna be a bit...meh, but I promise more fluff and more plots after that. ^^
Why I made Tamaki a horse? - He carried Tenn in the main story. Lolololol Such great imagination right here