10: His Purpose

"'Perfect Purity' huh?"

"How does that sound, Nanase-san?"

"I like it! Iori, how did you come up with it? It sounds like a good name!!"

Riku smiled widely. He was totally happy with the group name Iori came up with. They agreed to each think of a group name last night, but Riku didn't have any ideas.

This group name represents us so well. Even if I explained it, this cat wouldn't understand. He is too innocent to know that he is pure (and totally cute).

"Hmph, I didn't expect a dumb cat to come up with one anyway," Iori replied.

Riku pouted. "What did you just say?!?"

His cat's tail moved from side to side, attracting the raven's attention. They went silent in the practice room for a few seconds. Iori was staring at the tail, almost blushing.

"Ne, Iori..."

That woke the raven from his dreamland.

"What is it, Nanase-san?"

"So, like, Iori, we are in the same class, and together we are a unit. We have been spending weeks together during lunch or classes. Why are you still not calling my first name?"

The white cat blushed a little, but his ruby-red eyes were expecting answers.

"Iori, call me Riku," Riku demanded.

"Nanase-san, I'm still younger than you even if we are in the same class. Plus, we are not close friends or anything. Let's focus. We just got our song from the headmaster. We should start our singing practice so that we can start coming up with choreography."

"Nnngggh," Riku felt a little hurt. However, all the time he spent with Iori made him slightly more resistant to the raven's sharp tongue. Plus, the white cat was also excited to sing a song given to them. He decided not to press any further... for now.

"Right. Nanase-san, why don't you start singing the first part?"

"Huh, me? Okay." Riku took a deep breath in. "Here I go!"

"Shoumei shiyou ore ni shika dekinai nanika ga aru to..."

The redhead sang one of the sentences in the song "fly away!" and that came out like a charm spell on Iori. His hands holding the music sheet became loose, dropping the paper on the floor. The raven's eyes opened wide, looking at the redhead in amazement.

"Eh? W-W-What's wrong, Iori?" Riku came to a sudden stop after hearing the sound of paper touching the floor.

"Was that your voice just now!?!" Iori asked with a serious expression on his face. I have to confirm what I just heard... that voice... the magical voice...

"Umm, yeah. Is there something wrong with it?" Riku was confused.

"...No, you... uhh, have a great voice." Iori shied away a little. I said that because he needs to know. This is it. This is the key to victory.

"Ahhh, Is that so? I'm happy!" Riku beamed.

"Let's continue then. It's my turn to hear your voice now, Iori!"

With that, the cat got off the chair, wanting to pick up the sheets that Iori had dropped on the floor, but being the super clumsy cat that he was, he somehow tripped. Seeing that, the raven quickly sprang out of his chair and caught the redhead by the stomach.

Riku suddenly felt an unbearable sensation. He was extremely ticklish from Iori's arm on his belly. His ears stood up, his eyes widened. He couldn't take it. He gripped Iori's arm tightly, opened his mouth bearing mini fangs, and bit Iori's arm. His cat instinct got a complete hold of him.

"Ita...! Ouch! Nanase-san, you're hurting me! Nanase-sa-owowow! NANASE-SAN STOP!!!!"

Iori had to use quite an effort to pull his arm away from the cat.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!" He shouted at the redhead, who looked just as surprised as he was.

"Nya!?! Iori!! I'm so sorry. Really! Sorry. Terribly sorry!" The redhead bowed several times. His ears dropped. He didn't mean to do it.

"... cute..."

"huh?" Riku looked up.

"Ahem It's fine Nanase-san, I should have known better not to touch a cat's belly."

He doesn't have much of a cat instinct yet he could still be controlled by it. If it was Kujou-san, my arm would probably be shredded.

"I should have just let you fall with your head flat on the ground," Iori smirked, seeing how the redhead reacted by puffing his cheeks.

Iori turned his back to the white cat. "Let's not waste any more time. We're continuing our practice."

Iori secretly smiled a little.

When I first came to this uni, I didn't expect much. I was here because Nii-san asked me to audition with him to improve his chance of getting in. Now, here I am. I have found what I wanted to do.

This person gives me this warm feeling I can't begin to describe. He makes me... happy? I guess? I'm not so sure yet, but...

This person, I want to turn him into a superstar. Now that I have seen his talent, I am even more motivated...

I want to see more of how he can paint my monochrome world with vibrant colours.

Teach me what happiness is, Nanase-san.

————————————————————————

Hope you all took in a full dose of (slight) IoRiku ٩()۶

If you enjoyed reading please paint my heart with votes and comments~  XD

Next chapter tease: It starts off fine, but the end is bitter.