9: The Unexpected

In one of several uni practice rooms, the two were moving to the music, showing each other what they could do. The white cat got to see the raven's movements of perfection. The raven hardly ever messed up his dances, and if he did, he came up with something to cover his mistake almost immediately.

Iori is... good. He doesn't seem to be showing any extraordinary cool dance moves, but whatever he does, he executes it perfectly. I wonder if he is disappointed to see mine...

Nanase-san is surprisingly good at dancing. I was expecting him to be able to do much less because of his health. He still has some cat nature left in him after all. Iori thought. The two didn't have a clue how much they admired each other's ability.

"*pant pant* Tha-that was fun, Iori!" Riku smiled widely at the raven even though he was tired after dancing to many songs that day.

"Nanase-san, I hope you didn't push yourself too hard. You look quite tired."

"Mou, Iori, I'm fine!!"

The raven wasn't taking that. The white cat, to him, looked pretty worn out. Sure, he seemed happy, but Iori could tell Riku was the type to overestimate his limit.

"Let's stop for today. We danced a lot. Great work, Nanase-san." Iori let out a small smile. This is a good start to our unit.

Iori's smile disappeared when Riku lost his balance while walking to grab his stuff. The raven quickly grabbed the cat's arm to make sure he didn't fall on the hard floor.

"I'm walking you home, Nanase-san." Iori decided.

"Iori, I'm okay, really! I was just a little tired."

"It will put my mind at ease to see you get home safely." Iori insisted. "Even if you don't want me to walk with you, I am a raven. I can easily fly after you."

"Mmmm okay. Fine, Iori. You can walk with me." The cat puffed his cheek.

Well, at least I won't be lonely walking home. He thought. His brother always had practise or extra classes and got home late in the evening, so Riku had to walk home alone. Plus, no one was supposed to know about the fact that they were twins. Little did the redhead know, his secret was about to be revealed.

——

The white cat used his key to unlock the door to his house. "Since you are here, why don't you come in, Iori? I'll make you some tea." Riku invited Iori.

"No need, Nanase-san. You should get a good rest."

"But Iori, I've got some bird seeds to go with it. (Tenn bought them so he could attract birds to the garden for him to play with) And... and I've got a cat-shaped mug too!"

Riku pulled off his killer baby doll eyes, and that was it. Iori lost to the ultimate combo. Riku was so happy that he flung the door open and jumped in.

What surprised him was the scene he saw. He froze on the spot. A stranger with brown hair was using a towel to wipe a pink-haired man lying on the couch. The silver-haired man with wolf ears and a tail sat beside them, eyeing the pink-haired man with concern.

"TRIGGER?!?!?!?!"

Iori and Riku shouted at the same time, gaining the attention of the two sitting guys.

"You... the cat... Nanase? Why are you here?" Gaku the grey wolf asked. He was just as surprised as Iori and Riku.

"W-what is going on? Why are you all in my house? Why is Tenn-nii lying still like that???"

Riku was so, so confused and at the same time worried about his beloved brother. He didn't realise a certain word had caught all the attention in the room.

"Tenn-nii????" The guy with the towel paused.

Tsunashi Ryuunosuke repeated Riku's word with a confused look. "You mean Tenn??" He asked. Uh-oh, that word had slipped out of the white cat's mouth.

"Nanase-san, what's the meaning of this?" Iori demanded answers.

The white cat felt all eyes were on him. "Nyaaaaaaa!!!!" He screamed.

A minute later, he calmed himself down and decided to first explain his situation. He told them about how Kujou Tenn was his twin brother, how he was separated from him and how Tenn forced himself into his house. The others didn't look any less confused. Ryuu was the first to smile, though.

"I didn't know Tenn had a brother!" Ryuu broke the awkward silence.

"Well, it was supposed to be a secret..." Riku mumbled

"The brat never talked about himself. He could have just mentioned that he had a brother. Didn't need to say who." Gaku said, letting out a bit of a "Grrrrr".

"So, why is Kujou-san lying like that?" Iori wanted answers to everything.

"Tenn got a fever, probably from overwork. He looked fine this morning, but then he became wobbly during practice. He almost passed out so we decided to carry him home and get his fever down. Tenn told us this is his home. Right now, he's kind of half-conscious. Sometimes, he says stuff that doesn't really make sense, or meows non-stop." Ryuu explained.

Tenn started meowing as if he was responding to his name. Gaku stroked Tenn's chin and the black cat purred. No one, except Riku, could believe what they were seeing. Iori was dying. He wanted so much to pet the black cat. One cat was hard enough for him to resist, now there were two.

"Thanks for taking good care of Tenn-nii. I'll get you all some tea, okay? Tsunashi-san, what snacks would you like with your tea? Are you an Anifusio?" Like Iori, Ryuu didn't have any animal features that stood out so the white cat wasn't sure what he was.

"I am just a normal human, Riku-kun," Ryuu answered.

"Ahhhh okay," Riku smiled "Then Tsunashi-san can have a cake." He turned to Gaku.

"Yaotome-san, can you eat cat snack? It tastes almost like a dog snack anyway." This sentence Riku asked was out of his innocence.

Iori facepalmed.

"Growwwllll," Gaku growled loudly, sending shivers down the white cat's spine.

"I AM A WOLF NOT A DAMN DOG!!!... but I'll take it." He lowered his voice after realising the redhead was on the verge of breaking into tears. If Tenn was well, Gaku would have been dead by now.

"....O...kay. Cat snack for Yaotome san. And since Tenn-Nii is sick I'll get him a mouse as a present later." Riku got back his smile, thinking about how his twin would react.

"A WHATTTTTT????"

That evening, the five of them spent some quality time together. Ryuu and Gaku put Tenn in bed and left around nighttime. Iori also flew home when the two left. He got scolded by Mitsuki for not telling him where he had been. No one would ever forget what happened that day.

————————————————————————

A slightly longer chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. Again, please feed me votes and comments flavored popcorn. Appreciated. ('ڡ')

I feel like Riku treats Tenn like a pet cat. Lol

Next chapter tease: ...nah not telling //kill me
Kenar