13: Perfect Tragedy

Our practices have been going well. Both Nanase-san and I have now perfected the dance and are able to sing 'Fly Away!' by heart. We booked the auditorium for the mini performance, which is happening this afternoon...

However...

Nanase-san has been coughing quite a lot this morning during classes. He excused himself to the bathroom quite a few times too.

I came up with a training plan that would not push Nanase-san's over his limit. And with Kujou-san's warning, I have been even more careful, yet...

Riku came back to the classroom looking quite tired. The white cat seems a little out of breath. People who didn't really know about Riku's condition wouldn't notice. The redhead hid it relatively well, but he couldn't hide it from his singing partner, Iori.

"Nanase-san, We're cancelling the performance today."

Riku's eyes widened. His face showed everything: disappointment, surprise, sadness.

"No!!! Iori, we have been practising so much. We have to perform!!" Riku's voice was a bit shaky, like he was going to cry if he took another 'no'.

"Nanase-san, you are not performing in that condition. We can just reschedule it for another day. It's not that big of a deal." Iori spoke a little louder, trying to sound a little more intimidating.

But that was not how nature worked. Cats hunted birds. Not the other way around. Riku's ultimate stubbornness shoved Iori's logical thinking into the trash can.

"Iori, I can do it!! Don't cancel it. I will dance. I will sing until the end! Even if it means I will collapse afterwards! We are performing!"

"....."

Iori went speechless. At that time, he thought there was nothing he could do to stop the cat.

~~

-With Yamato, Nagi, and Mitsuki-

During lunch, Nagi texted his buddies Mitsuki and Yamato to come meet him. They met at a relatively quiet outdoor lunch spot.

"We normally have lunch together anyway. Why did you have to text, Nagi?" The little eagle Mitsuki asked

"Did you guys hear about the mini PERFORMANCE happening this afternoon?" Nagi asked.

Strangely, he seemed serious. Not the usual "HEY GURL" attitude.

"Ah, Iori and Riku are performing, right? What are they called again? Perfect... purity?" The deer Yamato answered. "What about them?"

"It's Riku. He didn't seem well during class this morning." Nagi replied.

"Hmm... I wonder if it's something to do with what we overheard from Kujou." Yamato spoke while casually enjoying his lunch. He wasn't too worried.

"We're going to watch them anyway. I'm sure they will be fine. They will make you go "OH!" like you normally do," Mitsuki smiled. He didn't think anything serious would happen.

Oh, how wrong he was.

~~

"Ha... ha... cough cough... wheeze."

"Nanase-san!!!!"

His inhaler isn't helping. I need to get help!!

The auditorium was half full of people coming to watch a new group perform. Perfect Purity was supposed to come out on stage 20 minutes ago, but no one appeared.

Oniisan has a bad feeling...

Yamato was seated in the audience in the back with his two buddies, plus Mezzo.

"Hey, Mitsu,"

"Hmm? What is it, Yamato-san? "

"Can you transform and sneak into the backstage area?" The deer asked the orange-haired eagle.

"E-Eh? O-okay." Mitsuki didn't really get it, but he had this feeling he couldn't shake. Plus, Yamato's unusually serious expression was telling him he had to do it.

~~

Mitsuki got to the backstage area by gripping his claws on the window ledge. No one heard him land and he was hiding behind a curtain, peeking inside.

"I need an ambulance. It's my friend. He has a serious respiratory problem."

Mitsuki was shocked. Not from hearing his brother's voice, but from what the raven was saying on the phone.

Oh my god. What is going on in here?!? Why is Riku on the floor? He looks very pale! What is this loud noise? No way. It's the cat's breathing??? This is bad... This is really bad. I need to let Yamato-san know!

With that, Mitsuki frantically flapped his wings and shot back into the audience area.

"Nanase-san! Stay with me! Nanase-san!"

Mitsuki could still hear his brother shouting when he took off from the window.

Iori, for you to panic that much, this cat must be really important to you, huh?

~~

"Yamato-san!!!!! Nagi!!!"

Mitsuki shouted when he opened the back door, panting. The deer and the leopard took a clue, got up from their seats and ran to Mitsuki.

"It's really bad! Something is wrong with Riku! Iori seems to be calling an ambulance." Mitsuki talked. He was panicking from witnessing the scene.

"EHH?? Not good. Okay guys, we've got to help."

Yamato spoke. The other two nodded.

"Listen, Mitsu, chase after the ambulance so we know where they are taken to. Nagi, entertain the audience for the time being. As for me, I will ask Mezzo to cover for Perfect Purity."

The two nodded and took off to do their duty. The deer approached the unexpected duo.

"Mezzo, please, perform instead of Perfect Purity! Please, I'm begging you!"

Yamato bowed to the two younger Anifusio. Sougo the swan and Tamaki the horse looked at each other, confused.

"Please!" Yamato asked again.

I have never seen Yamato-San like this. Something must be very wrong!!!

"A-ano... Yamato-san, why are you bowing to us like that? What's the matter?" Sougo stuttered.

"There's no time to explain! Please perform!"

"Sou-chan, we're doing it."

Tamaki stared at Sougo and spoke. Sougo still looked confused.

"Our friend seems to be in trouble. We've got to help."

Tamaki was a simple person. He might not be very aware of the situation, but he knew that if someone needed help, he had to help.

"O-okay. We'll get ready." With that, Mezzo hurried off backstage.

I hope everything will be alright. Yamato thought.

————————————————————————

Right you sadistic people out there. I hope this chapter satisfies your hunger 😈😈😈😈

IT'S HOLIDAYYY!!! Still, I need to study for exams so like usual: can't guarantee regular  updates. But I'll try my best not to leave you lovely readers hanging for too long.

Again, you know what I'm gonna say by now. VOTES AND COMMENTS PLEASE~ In return I'll give you all hugs in the air lol ❤️💝❤️💝