19: Triple Sundae on Clouds

-With Iori-

Iori searched around the Usamimi Friends event area in the department store. He walked past the plush stall more than 10 times, which no longer got his attention. He was only getting more and more worried. There was no sign of the white cat, Riku. He decided to head to the information point for the receptionist to make an announcement.

"Nanase Riku-san. Your friend is waiting for you at the information point."

The announcement was repeated twice. Riku still didn't appear.

Iori texted and called the redhead's phone several times. No luck. There was no reply. Where are you, Riku??

~~

-With Riku-

The white cat followed a man he met while browsing Usamimi Friends event stalls out of the department store and into the botanic garden area nearby. Luckily, that garden grew tropical plants without flowers blooming. Pollens could be problematic for Riku.

"So headmaster-san," Riku came to a stop at an area with a small man-made waterfall. Takanashi Otoharu also stopped. "What were you doing in the Usamimi event area? And what do you want to talk about?"

Riku smiled innocently at Otoharu. Riku had no idea Iori was worried sick about him.

"I was looking for some gifts for my daughter." He smiled, with his eyes closed as usual. Riku has always wondered how Otoharu could see.

Otoharu continued. "Does this spot remind you of anything, Riku-kun?"

"Eh? Umm, yes. This is where you invited me to the uni," Riku looked at the waterfall. "What about it, headmaster-san?"

"That day I was just out for a walk, planning to get home," Otoharu recalled the moment in his head. "Then I was drawn here by your voice."

"Eh?" One of Riku's ears moved. A curious cat he was.

"It was a tiring day but hearing you sing your heart out like that. It lifted my spirits." Otoharu smiled at Riku.

"You have that power in you, Riku-Kun. The power to change people's emotions, in other words, people's hearts."

Riku's eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

"I don't know where that power is coming from, Riku-kun. Do know that it is a true gift. I hope you will remember to use it well." Otoharu lightly patted Riku's head.

"Perhaps that's why I invited you to the uni."

Otoharu exited the scene as if the sunlight engulfed him as he walked away from the cat. Riku looked at both his palms. "A true... gift." He smiled. He probably hadn't taken in all the words yet, but he felt warmly happy.

After a few minutes, the white cat's tail straightened. "AHHHHH!!!" He took out his phone.

67 texts. 14 missed calls.

"NYA FORGOT ABOUT IORI!!!!!" He must be so mad at me. Omg What to do? Will this extra-large Usamimi plush I bought for him quell his anger? Ahhhh!

Yup, Riku went and bought the largest plush in the stall with his pocket money. The cat wasn't sure why. He just wanted to give Iori something. No particular reason. Why am I doing this?

Riku shook his head. Now is not the time to think! I need to hurry back! The white cat took care not to walk too fast, but faster than when he followed the headmaster here.

The automatic main entrance door opened. Riku was once again standing before the Usamimi stalls, but in front of those attractive stalls, he spotted the raven, who immediately ran closer to the white cat when their eyes met. The blue-haired raven did not hesitate to pull the white cat into his arms and hug him tightly.

"A-a- Iori? W-what?" Riku could feel Iori lightly shaking and tugging at his shirt. The raven's head was buried in Riku's chest. Iori wasn't letting go. People passing by were looking at the pair since they were right in the middle of the open area.

"I'm sorry, Iori. Sorry I made you worry this much." Riku smiled a little. He felt that again. The little warmth of happiness. The cat felt guilty that he had made Iori worry. At the same time, he was glad that Iori cared much about him.

As if Iori just realised what he was doing. He quickly pulled himself out of a hug. "Ahem. I was only worrying a little, Nanase-san..." The raven's face turned bright red, and he was looking away from Riku. Riku smiled even more seeing Iori's cute reaction.

"Oh yeah!" Riku pulled out the big plush in a bag he carried and presented it to the raven. "Iori, here!"

"Nanase-san, that's..!" Riku wished everyone could witness the surprise on Iori's face at that moment.

Suddenly, the white cat felt like just giving it wasn't enough. He felt like he had to do something. The redhead just felt incomplete. His heart was aching, like it was trying to give him some sort of message.

"Ne, Iori..." With the plush now in Iori's hands, the redhead looked straight into the dark blue eyes. His expression became unusually serious.

"Can I... be your boyfriend?"

————————————————————————————————-

HEWLO LOVELY PEOPLE I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!!! Hope you still remember me....(ᵒ̴̶̷᷄ωᵒ̴̶̷᷅*•) )⁾⁾
I myself actually did not expect the last part to be like that. Teehee~ I hope it's as sweet as the title says :P
(LOL super cheesy I know)
I hope you people have been well. I'm back to eat all your snacks ( ˃̶ ˂̶)♪