14: My fault, mine alone

With Iori

While Riku was being treated, Iori stood frozen in front of the emergency room door for minutes. He then decided to walk away from that room.

I have no right to be here. Iori thought.

If I just cancelled the performance, this wouldn't have happened. If only I trusted my analytical skills, Nanase-san wouldn't be suffering like this.

The raven began to run. Soon, he transformed and flew far away from the scene.

I can't bear it. It's my fault. It's all my fault.

I am so sorry... Riku.

With Mitsuki

Huff... huff... so this is the hospital Riku is taken to. I've got to find Iori. He must have gotten on the ambulance with the cat.

Mitsuki the little eagle was resting on the tallest tree near the hospital. He was planning to swoop down and transform back to enter the building. It was at that moment when he saw a dark-haired man running away from the hospital entrance.

That's..!

That dark-haired man transformed into a bird Mitsuki knew too well: a raven. The black bird flew off at high speed.

Mitsuki's eagle instinct acted. He kicked himself off the tree and flew at his full speed while calling his brother's name.

"Ioriiiii!!!"

The raven flew even faster. It was clear to Mitsuki that Iori was trying to run away. Mitsuki changed the position of his wings and flew slightly off track, just to curve back and catch his brother's side. After all, he could fly faster than the raven.

Mitsuki opened his claws and gripped Iori's left wing tightly. Because of that, both of them lost their balance and the two fell to the ground. They weren't too hurt because their bird forms were very lightweight. They both transformed back and stood up.

"Baka! Why are you running away?!" Mitsuki shouted.

"Nii-san, I-I..."

Tears began to flow from Iori's face. It took Mitsuki a good while to register that his little brother was crying.

Iori is crying? No way... What is going on?

"I can't bring myself to face anyone. Not you. Not Riku. Because of me, this happened." Iori sobbed more and more.

Mitsuki opened his mouth, planning to ask for more explanation, but stopped himself. Iori needs support right now. He walked even closer to his brother and hugged him tightly.

"Iori, let's go. Let's go to the hospital together."

My little brother needs me so I will be here with him.

Auditorium backstage

The audience were satisfied with Nagi's time-buying and Mezzo's performances. Yamato could hear that there wasn't a lot of talk about Perfect Purity. Luckily, Perfect Purity had never performed before so there weren't 'fans' leaving feeling disappointed.

"So will you tell us now why you suddenly begged us to perform like that." Sougo the swan approached Yamato to ask. His wings were moving up and down. Something really bad must have happened.

Tamaki, eating his ousama pudding, also wanted to hear it. His horse tail was shaking from side to side.

"So," Yamato sighed, "I'm afraid something bad happened and I heard Riku had to be taken away by an ambulance."

Sougo's wings came to a sudden stop. Tamaki had his spoon in his mouth and froze.

"We don't know the details, but..." Nagi broke the silence. "The other day, we EAVESDROPPED on Iori and Kujo-shi..."

"You did what?" Sougo cut him off.

"We heard about Riku. That he has some sort of illness. We're guessing that's why he ended up in the hospital." Yamato finished Nagi's sentence.

"Okay," Tamaki finished his last bit of ousama pudding. He put the bottle and spoon down. Others looked at him like 'what is okay??'.

"Rikkun... is he okay? I want to go see him!" Tamaki looked like he was scared. So he was just too scared that he couldn't speak the whole sentence earlier.

"Let's all visit him." Nagi suggested

"Let's get a taxi. Mitsuki texted me the location," Yamato said, looking up from his phone.

"No need. Sou-chan and Yama-san can ride on my back. I'm strong. Nagicchi can run there by himself. He's a leopard after all."

"OH..." Nagi sounded a little disappointed.

That day, six people headed to the same place. The sky was about to be clear once again.

Probably.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone notice Iori accidentally (or not so much) said "Riku" instead of "Nanase-san" to Mitsuki? Teeheehee~~

OMG COMMENTS AND VOTES KEEP THEM COMING PLEASE I'LL TAKE THEM AS CHRISTMAS PRESENTS. *not desperate at all* lolololol

I only have 2 more drafted chapters left, so I'm not sure when I'm going to post the next, but I'll say MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all in advance just in case <3