18: Shopping Time!

It was the Saturday after Takanashi Otoharu announced the change to the Judgement Day rules. The IDOLiSH7 members had a meeting and decided not to worry about it too much. They decided to just keep practising the way they had been doing, maybe add some extra moves as needed.

The white cat Riku wanted to relax but he didn't just want to sit around in the house. He wanted to go out and do something. I kinda want to go shopping. I've never been to that large department store before, he thought. Going alone is boring, though.

The white cat took his phone out of his pocket and started dialling a number he had become familiar with. He was smiling and his tail was moving here and there. The white cat was excited for the other end to pick up. The black cat Tenn was doing the exact opposite, sleeping in his cat bed, the one he said he "didn't need".

Finally, someone picked up Riku's call.

"Do you realise what time this is, Nanase-san?" Of course, it was 7 a.m. and Iori would never get up at that time on a Saturday.

"IORIIIII!" Riku was over the moon that Iori answered his call. "I wanna go to that department store we talked about before. Come on, let's go!" He cheerfully invited the raven, who let out a sigh.

What Riku didn't notice was that Tenn's ears jerked up upon hearing the name 'Iori' and he was glaring (in his cat form) at Riku, listening in to every word.

"Nanase-san, it's too early. We can go tomorrow." Iori sounded super sleepy, even a bit irritated. The redhead still didn't get a clue. He pouted.

"Buuuuuuut Ioriiiiiii, I wanna go today!" The clever-as-ever idea came to the cat's head. "Ahhh! On TV, they said the department store is holding an Usamimi Friends special merch stall! And today is the last day!" Riku smiled even wider, knowing he had definitely won. Tenn's killing intent rose tenfold.

"..." Iori, Iori NO IORI You can't miss this event, the raven thought. NO You DON'T like cute stuff! "Nanase-san, why..." Say it, Iori. Say why would that interest me. "I'm n-n-n-ot interested but I suppose I could go with you." NANASE-SAN BAKA!!!

"YAAAAYYYYYY!" Riku quickly hung up so Iori couldn't change his mind. He got up and was about to get to his room to change, but Tenn jumped in front of him and transformed back. "Tenn-nii?" Riku tilted his head, not knowing why his twin looked frustrated. Maybe he just woke up?

"I'm coming with you, Riku." Tenn grabbed Riku's shoulder and demanded.

"Ehhhhhhhh? Why Tenn-nii?" Normally, Riku would be more than delighted to hang out with his beloved brother. Today, however, he just wanted time with his favourite bird.

Tenn gripped Riku's shoulder tighter. I'm not letting go until he says yes. My kawaii brother is safer with me around. That raven can't possibly shield him from danger.

Riku struggled to move. He was a smart cat, though. He pulled off his ultimate combo.

"Tenn-nii..." Set one: baby doll eyes.

"You're hurting me." Set two: Riku's signature 'I'm sad' face

Tenn immediately loosened his grip. "S-sorry, Riku, I-"

Riku saw the chance and pulled out his ultimate weapon: a toy mouse infused with catnip, which he threw at Tenn's face. The redhead had trained himself every day to resist catnip knowing one day he might need it for situations like this. Tenn transformed with no hesitation and grabbed the toy mouse. The black cat rolled on the floor, hugging the toy and using his hind legs to scratch it. He forgot all about Riku. Riku smiled and slowly walked away from the scene, knowing he wouldn't be interrupted for a while. More than enough time for him to get ready and leave. All the hard work paid off.

~~

-At the department store, with Iori and Riku-

As the two Anifusio walked in, the first thing they saw were themed stalls full of Usamimi Friends merchandise. The raven's eyes were almost glittery. They shone bright like a diamond in the sunlight even though they were dark coloured.

Riku grabbed Iori's arm and pulled him forward. "Let's go see, Iori!"

"N-Nanase-san, I told you I am not interested in such things!" Yup, Iori's eyes were still sparkling and he didn't resist Riku's force at all. Or more like, he couldn't.

Iori is as light as a leaf today! The white cat thought.

They ended up in the event area. Iori was walking around eyeing all the merch. Ugghh, I can't just buy a plush... Nanase-san is here. I can't even come back later.

Iori was staring at the shelf full of plushies for so long he didn't know Riku wasn't with him anymore. Maybe he is out looking around. Iori made a tough life decision of buying just a basic pen with Usamimi printed on it.

He left the event area (with such bitterness) and sat on one of the benches near there. He dropped a text to Riku to say he was waiting there, but...

More than 20 minutes had passed and there was no sign of Riku.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't just disappear I was ummm....ummm.. ah! I was out on an adventure trying to find the best cookie! Yes *ahem* that's why I haven't been updating hehe...hehehehehehe

Once again I'll leave you all hanging~ ;P