Expedition Lost - Chapter 1

YOUR/LIZ'S P.O.V.

I had just woken up in a small grove of trees, the birds chirping around me, and a small creek flowing by. I scooped some water into my large hands and splashed it up onto my face and toned muscular body. I did the same with my platinum blonde hair, which went almost to my butt, and then soaked in the sun and let the water evaporate from my skin.

It was soon about mid-day and I was walking around aimlessly. There were few titans around, but all were harmless to my 35-meter body. I was not the largest titan, but second to the colossal. My peachy, pale skin was bright and my crystal blue eyes glistened from the rays given off by the sun. My head hung high in a very stoic expression, like always, with small bags under my eyes from my restless sleep. I had a past that made me this way, I just don't want to be hurt or lose anyone again, that's why I am what I am today.

Not even moments later, I heard the galloping of horses in the fields ahead of me, I ducked by a very large tree to stay hidden from the horses, only to notice it was the Survey Corps. I've seen them plenty of times, always with that man with funky eyebrows. I looked for some time longer and saw a short man, with black hair and an undercut. I've also seen him many times, he was very strong and killed many titans. He always seemed to fascinate me.

5, 15-meter abnormals swarmed out of the woods towards the herd of humans. They ran at fast speeds and immediately started to kill many. Screams and cries could be heard for miles, but then I saw what I would never see. The short, strong man in the arms of a titan, his gear crushed, and no way of escape. I didn't know what to do, I can't come out of hiding, but I knew one thing for sure, I would risk anything for that man.

I jumped out of the woods and ran at a pace no titan could ever reach. Each titan was killed along the way as I got closer and closer to the little man. All 4 abnormals were killed by me in a matter of seconds. The rest of the Survey Corps watches me with wide eyes and weapons drawn but held loose. I let out a ferocious scream and charged for the titan holding him. I was so quick I was able to grab it by its head and snap off the arm holding the ever so intriguing human. I then took the abnormal by its head and smashed it into the ground, cutting its nape, and making it instantly die. I was still holding on to the arm with the human still in it.

I calmed out of my rage and looked at all of the Survey Corps. All their eyes were still on me and I was about to do something that would shock them even more. I opened up the now steaming, disintegrating titan hand and took the little man out, holding him gently and then placing him softly against the ground, so he could slide off with ease, which is exactly what he did.

"Did i-it jus-t-t let you g-go?" A man that looked like a horse asked. The rest of the men lowered their weapons.

I looked off into the distance, then looked right back and nodded at them. This seems to surprise them again. But why wouldn't it? No titan knows how to communicate but me. I keep staring at them and then I sit down on the ground in front of them, crossing my leg over the other like a pretzel. I saw a girl jump off her horse and come running to me with excitement.

"Oh just LOOK at this! A real FEMALE TITAN! Man, she really is a beauty, look at those curves!!" The glasses girl screeched in my face. I just looked at her and then I started to cover my body with my hands. Doesn't she know I can understand her, that really was embarrassing. "My my, I am very sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I just meant you are very beautiful." She presumed to smile at me.

"Oi, shut up shitty glasses, and leave the fucking titan brat alone." Spoke up to the short man, in which I have taken quite an interest.

"Whatever shorty, I apologized anyways," She looked back to me while I was staring at the small man in front of me when she asked, "Are you friendly, titan?"

I looked at her quickly and nodded up and down, letting her know I mean no harm, but I am mostly there because of the black-haired person here. She let out another screech, I just looked back at the short man.

"My name is Hange Zoe and I want to experiment on you!" She exclaimed. "I hope you may come back with us if it is okay with our commander over there." She motioned to the blonde man in the back with funky eyebrows. "His name is Erwin, Commander Erwin, or as we call him EYEBROWS!"

"Alright Hange, that is quiet enough, the titan looks quite distressed," He approached me and let out a hand, "I am Commander Erwin of the Survey Corps." He didn't expect an answer from me, and neither did anyone else.

But... I was about to prove them wrong.

Again, all eyes were on me, I nodded and moved my long hair behind my ears. Shorty was looking at me, too. I shook his hand with one finger, "Liz." I stated plainly and clearly.

"Wh-wh-WHAT? Did you just say something?" The funny woman names Hange asked me in surprise. The short man's eyes also opened very wide in shock.

I cleared my throat and prepared to talk again, "My name. I told you my name."

The group backed away in shock, no one in history had discovered a titan that could speak.

"I will tell you again, humans. My name is Liz, now stop calling me titan. And I am no ordinary titan by the way. I am female. Tch." I was a bit irritated now, I closed my eyes and looked away with an angry face. There was no way they could know I talked, but I just saved most of their troops for god's sake, show me at least a bit of respect.

"You can speak..." Hange says with amazement. "Please come back to us to the HQ, we could learn and use you a lot for experiments and to help humanity." But as she said this, I stood up and started to walk off. The only reason I was there was to save the little man anyways, though I do have a place in my heart for the humans and would never hurt them, I don't have to act buddy-buddy with them. They are so... greedy. And I especially don't want to be experimented on.

I shook my head, no, quickly and turned away and walked off, disappearing into the woods.

With this act, little did I know, a certain short man, with black hair and an undercut was looking in the direction I went and started to feel slight disappointment in my exit, like a yearning for me to stay, but he shrugged it off like it was nothing and with that, the Survey Corps made their way back to the run down HQ.