Love? + Explanation of the Past - Chapter 3

YOUR/LIZ'S P.O.V

It took only a few minutes for us to reach the Survey Corps Headquarters. Levi and Eren were on both of my shoulders. I could sense Erens titan in him. A shifter. I hate shifters, they are fake scoundrels that think they have this "almighty" power to defeat whatever comes their way. But, I can sense this boy has different things in mind, he isn't like the others and I might just be open to a good friendship. Only if his actions prove true and righteous.

As we approached the HQ, I helped the boys slide gently off my arms. More people were staring, approaching, and backing away from me. I can't believe I evoke this much fear onto these people. I haven't done anything but save them, I haven't ever hurt a human in my life, but I believe working with these creatures may change that if it comes down to it. I will kill anything that threatens my life or my friends lives. I can't lose anyone again, never. Never again. Living as a titan for 500 years does something to you. I miss the family and friends that I lost all those years ago.

My thoughts were interrupted as Levi spoke up, "Liz, lets go. I'll show you to Hange."

I nodded and followed him to through the crowd of soldiers that now surrounded me. Some who had met me 3 years ago, explained who I was to the others. Soon, they all calmed down and went their separate ways. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, but then I immediately went back to my plain, old self. I brushed my hair out of my face and heard a familiar screech.

"LIIIIIZZZZ!!" Hange, or Shitty Glasses, screamed as she waved and ran over to me.

"Hange." I nodded with no expression.

"It is so good to see you again. Did you change your mind on that proposition I gave you all those years ago?" She asked out of curiosity.

I looked over at Levi who also looked eager to hear my answer. "Actually, I have a few questions for you. Can we maybe... talk privately?" I stared at Levi, I needed him to leave if I was going to talk to Hange about this weird sickness.

"Tch. Whatever brat. I'll see you at training, Shitty Glasses." He turned and walked away and gave a slight wave.

"Now, what is it Liz?" Hange looked at me like something was wrong, yet her eyes gleamed with excitement.

I cleared my throat and kept my stoic, emotionless expression, "I think I am sick, Hange. Something seems to be wrong... something that hasn't been wrong in many years, specifically over 500 years..."

Hange looked like she was going to explode, "Are you saying you are over 500 years old?"

"Well... I'm over 500 hundred years old when it comes to being a titan. But I wasn't always this way before now. But shush Hange! This must stay a secret, and I am no titan shifter so don't get that idea!" I looked at her with a stern expression. "I used to be what you guys are, 500 years ago, right before the walls were built. I mean, I was never completely human. I looked like I do now, a titan, but small, and proportionate like a human. I was 5 feet tall. My ears were pointed, my hair was short, but the same color, and I had all my powers of being a titan, but I was not. I was human with titan abilities. I even look like a human now, but under all this skin is armor, my ears are still pointed, my hair is long because I never cut it, I am impenetrable. I have that crystalizing power like you saw with that scum of a shifter when she turned into a crystal. My eyes are the same, I am just the size of a titan now, but this is not my true form. I am stronger in my smaller size, but I cannot choose when I go into that state. The last time I was, was 500 years ago. My smaller me, does not live inside of me like a shifter, so I am no shifter. I'm the only titan like me. I'm sort of like their.... Queen." Hange looked at me with determination, fear, and curiosity. "All I just told you must be kept secret, Hange. You must swear on your life!"

Hange crossed her heart and nodded, "You have my word, Liz."

I knew she would keep my secret, "Anyways, that's besides the matter. I need your assistance."

"Um, with what?" Hange now looked lost and confused.

"My whole body heats up, my heart races fast, I feel this overwhelming sense to protect him when he's around. Hange, it scares me, and nothing scares me. I think I am sick." I was sort of pleading for help.

She just stared for a moment and then laughed. I scoffed. Why would she laugh at me? I am in need of help. "Who might "he" be?"

"Well, the Corporal of course. Corporal Levi." I stated clearly.

"My dear Liz the Titan, you are experiencing what is called, love. And from what you have said, it seems you are in love with Corporal Levi." She looked at me with heart eyes. "OH I CAN SEE IT! THE TITAN BABIES RUNNING AROUND! Oh by the gods, I SHIP IT!" Hange screamed.

I shushed her immediately.

Love.

It can't be love. I haven't been able to love since I was human. 500 years ago, when I lost everyone. The titans swallowed them whole and I couldn't do anything about it. My family. A single tear left my eyes. I miss them.

Hange stopped screaming and embraced me. "Are you okay, Liz?"

She came up to my face and wiped the tear. "I was just remembering some people, that is all." I got up and started to walk off. "I will camp out here for the night, Hange. Thank you. I shall take my leave in the morning."

I didn't smile, I just turned and walked off, the wind flowing through my hair and my hair flowing behind me. I really needed to cut it, it was almost touching the floor. But, I'll worry about that later.

Eventually, I came up to a large tree near the HQ. The night was dark and the moon was covered by clouds. I haven't been able to sleep in a while, but this night felt different. So, I went to sleep, fast and smooth.

The next day, the sun shown high in the sky, the birds chirping, and a leaf fell on my nose, waking me up. I looked up, the tree I was laying under seemed.... way smaller than it was last night. I looked at my body and noticed I was... human? HUMAN! My hair was long and flowed everywhere. My breasts were fairly large and wait... HUMAN! I am naked! My lower parts and my nipples were exposed. I had nothing to cover myself. I heard running coming my way. I smelt the air.

Thank God. It was Hange.

"LIIZZ! I came to say hello before you are off!" Her eyes were closed as she smiled. She hasn't seen me yet. I stood up, everything exposed. I didn't care to cover my body in front of her. My hair dragged on the floor and I kept my emotionless expression.

I looked up to Hange, "I don't think I'll be going anywhere for a while."

She opened her eyes, not expecting to see what she saw. Her scream could be heard for miles. I could hear someone starting to run our way now.

"HANGE!" I covered her mouth, "It's me, Liz! A little help here." I notioned to my naked self.

She just stood there and examined me. Hange came up and grabbed my breasts. I was taken back a bit. "Wow, Liz. You have huge ones." I pushed her away. She laughed, "You have amazing curves, and hey! You are short just like Levi!" She gave me a wink and my cheeks turned pink. But, then her whole expression changed as she saw something that seemed to be behind me.

"What? What's wrong Hange?" Her jaw just opened a bit and pointed behind me.

I turned around to see someone I wouldn't expect. Corporal Levi stood there eyeing my body. He looked down then up, taking a little longer at my chest, then looked straight into my eyes, "Liz?" He questioned.

I scoffed and put my hands on my hips, looking away, not caring I was exposed to him. But, inside I was only thinking one thing....

SHIT.