Mother and Daughter - Chapter 12

LIZ'S/YOUR P.O.V.
For the first time in a long while, I cried. Her voice, her words, her whole being made my body shake in sadness. 

"Mama?" Annie spoke again.

I cried, "Annie!" I clung tight to her body as she laid in the bed.

Annie hugged be back and cried, "I missed you Mama!"

She sounded like a little girl, but of course she would act this way since the last time she saw me was when she was very young. 

I hugged her. Levi was watching from across the room, his face showed no emotion, but I could see the feeling in his eyes. He was remembering his mother. 

Annie spoke again, her voice a bit shaky, "It was never your fault, Mama. Father took me away and made it look like I died. He sold me away and I was experimented on and was given the power of a titan, and also, slow age progression." She looked up at me, her eyes puffy and red. 

All I could do was embrace my child. So many years I have gone without her, and how I hope she will let me be her mother again. "I know, I know who took you... Can we start over, love? Let me be your mama again. I love you, Annie, my child, with my whole heart." 

She smiled at me, "Yes Mama." Then Annie hugged me. 

"I'm glad," I smiled and hugged her back, "But Annie, on a even more serious note; For you to be able to live, I must tell them what I know about you... and the titans. Will you agree to these terms?" I pleaded for her to agree, I needed her alive. 

"Yes, Mom. I want to live with you and what seems to be Corporal Levi!" She winks, yet goes back to her stoic expression. 

My face went red, "W-w-what?! We aren't living together!" I stumbled back. 

She chuckled lightly, along with Levi, "Well maybe you both should."

I looked over to Levi. He gave me a quick wink and then shrugged. 

"Maybe we shall." I said as I looked away. 

Eren came running into the room, his eyes were shocked, but his tongue had other words to speak, "Commander Erwin said you need to speak to him since he is agreeing to let Annie live free if you speak the truth, whatever that means." Eren shrugged, hugged me, then ran out. 

I hugged Annie and kissed her forehead, nodding at Levi, then leaving the room. I made my way across the headquarters to Erwin's office. Hange and him are probably waiting for me, and Levi us probably making tea before he arrives. 

As I approach the room, Levi is waiting outside of the doors with a steaming cup of tea that he holds in such a strange manner. He opens the doors for us and we walk in. Commander and Hange are sitting in chairs. "Please, sit down" Erwin showed us to our seats. "Now Liz, care to explain to us about Cadet Leonhart's, infidelities." 

Everyone looked eager for an answer, which I was skeptical to give, but I would do anything for my child. I looked straight into Erwin's eyes, "Eren has a brother." 

Hange looked like she was about to scream, Levi was sipping on tea, but I could sense his shock. Erwin's eyes just widened, "Explain further." 

I grumbled, "God you really have no clue. Whatever. Anyways, Eren has an older brother, by around 50 years, though he only looks around 30," I mumbled the spoke up, " It's the aging properties of his titan form. Grisha mated with some other random women outside of the walls and well, Eren's brother was born. He was a sweet kid, really... until all hell broke loose. His titan form has been the only one to actually stand a chance against me, even he can defeat the Colossal." I looked down. 

Hange spoke, "And what exactly is his titan form?" 

"You have all encountered him before, he killed many of your soldiers.... he is... he is the Beast Titan!" I raised my voice. I loved Zeke with all my heart, but his mind had been corrupted and molded into a true monster. 

"But you said he was a sweet kid." Levi sipped his tea. 

"He WAS.... until I turned him titan. Then he ate some random test subject and became the Beast Titan. Whatever was in that serum, changed that sweet kid, who would bring me flowers and make me crowns out of them, " I stared down, "He changed into a monster." 

I refused to look up. "And to confirm, he is Grisha's son?" Erwin spoke. 

"Yes." 

"So, he is your nephew... well you are the Queen, could you stop him?"

"No, his titan control is too strong to manipulate." I spoke honestly.

"Could you take us to him?" Hange asked. 

"Uh...Yes I can." Hange nodded at my answer

Hange smiled, "Well, let us get goin'!" 

Squads were saddled up, food rations were handed out to soldiers. We were heading back to my home land, a place before the ocean, but a place far beyond the walls. Our mission is to take my nephew out of his beast form, or kill him; whatever it comes to. 

We are coming for you... Zeke.