↦Chapter 2 : Masked killer at the Window

It was nearly night, the sun climbed down zenith and the weather was slowly becoming dark. Maddie and Sarah was seated on the stairs outside the house when Sarah asked:

"Oh..umm..cat?"

She is fine. Independent little bitch

"Um..she's a..she's a what?",Sarah asked as she couldn't understand the sign of Maddie.

B-I-T-C-H, Maddie showed the alphabet letters by her fingers while smiling.

Sarah bursted out a great laughter and giggled.

"Bitch"

Bitch

Sarah glanced towards the kitchen when she patted the leg of Maddie:

"I am sorry about dinner"

Maddie glanced back to the kitchen when she nodded a "No"

"Do you want to come over? We can order in and watch a movie. John will be home in some hours, so he can join"

have to work

"I understand"

I'm sorry

"Thank you for...letting me borrow this.."she said with a smile as she took the book which lied on the table. They were both stood up.

keep it, I have got dozens upstairs

"Thank you",she returned her a blowing kiss.

"I'll pop by tomorrow and brush up signs? I'm going get good. I'm determined...kissing"

kissing, they both made the kissing sign with their hand.

"Storyteller. Bitch",they both giggled together when Sarah's kitten heels tapped against the stairs and waved at Maddie as she made her exit.

Maddie watched her going away when suddenly she felt her phone vibrating in the pocket of her blue jean. She took it out and the message was from his ex-boyfriend:

Craig
-Thought about you today...

Maddie sighed when she pressed her finger on the screen and moved the message to the left and deleted it.

•••

She left her phone on the table and made her way in the kitchen. She stared at the burning dish when she made up her mind on cooking a quick dish for herself as she was left with no choice.

•••

The lingering light was obliterated by the raplidly falling night. The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfed the sky. It was dark outside. The weather was sombre as the night raise it's head and Maddie was sitting on her couch while staring at her laptop and eating. She placed the bowl of noodles on the table of her left and sighed as she didn't know how to end her story which appeared on the Microsoft.

She travelled her fingers on the keyboard when she wondered as she looked at the several documents she saved about the different endings of her story. She pressed on one of them when she read. She could hear the lashing voices inside her head:

"Clenching the book
Riley to the church
The Church to Erin
The Church to Father Paul?
Bring in Erin..Scratch that..Try this
The rage bubbled up, spreading into his head. His ears rang. His eyes felt hot. She's happy...a mysterious way? Nope, not working..Not working..something brighter..",she wondered and quickly pressed another document where she wrote a different ending.

"looking down with her wide, endlessly patient eyes...they would twinkle with red, blue and yellow light, just as the damned Jesus fish had when it pulled him out of the fog and into hell....That's better..but it need something more..something better..",she thought.

"Erin dies?. Can't kill Erin. That would piss em off. Didn't set it up properly...or scrap the whole book and find another career. A better idea.."and the voices faded out.

Maddie rubbed her forhead and wondered when she left a breath and stared at the screen. She moved her cursor onto the app of "Face time" where she searched for craig's name on the web search. She took a few moments when she finally clicked and called him when her heart raced and she suddenly ended the call. She pushed out an air of fatigue and clicked again on his name when it called but she quickly disconnected it again. She wasn't really sure what she was up to. She was quite bored and nervous. She couldn't made up the ending of her novel and she also wanted to talk to her ex-boyfriend.

She rubbed her tired eyes and sighed when she suddenly jumped out of shock as she saw Craig's number calling her. She immediately shut out the laptop's panel and went into the kitchen. Her phone was right infrong of her eyes as she recognized Craig's number but she disconnected the call. She shook her head and took out the bin where she carried the sauce pan and wiped off all the ruined food. She wiped the table and cleaned up the mess she'd caused when out of the blue a loud knock came towards the kitchen door from a helpless Sarah covered in blood.

"Maddie!!! Maddie!! Please see me!! Maddie!! Please!! Please help mee!!",she screamed on the top of her lungs as she tried to open the window. It was locked. She pounded on the window for help but Maddie was completely unaware of her as she couldn't hear her screams and was busy in cleaning up the kitchen.

Sarah cried for help and kept pounding on the window and screamed when a masked killer came towards her and struggled with her. Sarah yelled when she gasped as the killer mercilessly stabbed her into the stomach. She weakened and threw her lifeless body on the killer when the latter stabbed her again and again when she was finally dead. The window rattled as he kept stabbing her when Sarah's body fell on the floor, soaked in blood.

The masked killer stared at Maddie going here and there in the kitchen, completely unaware of the situation. He stared confused as he knocked on the window but no response came from her. He even knocked louder when he realised the young lady couldn't hear anything. He became fascinated by her and decided to prolong her fate and play some games with her. Why not have a little more fun?,he thought to himself.