↦Chapter 8 : Trapped

There was a knock at the main door of Maddie's house, it was John. The big handsome guy with muscles in a blue shirt knocked on the door when he called out:

"Sarah?"

No respond came from him, so he frowningly knocked again.

"Sarah??"

He became worried and he looked around himself when his eyes caught some words written in lipstick on the lower side of the left. John immediately knew something was wrong as he picked out his phone from his pocket and was about to dialed the cops when he heard a voice:

"On the ground now! On the ground! Drop it!", the lunatic said as he came while pointing the light from his torch towards John.

"Woah, it's just a phone",replied an innocent John while placing his hand in the air.

"Drop it! Hands behind your head!"

"Take it easy, I'm a friend",said John.

"Hands where I can see em",the killer said as he tipoed the stairs and came in front of John.

"I don't want any trouble. Just do as I say"

"Look, my name is John Stanley"

"I said "on your knees" sir!"

"Okay okay!",replied John as he kneeled.

"Im a neighbour. Just looking for my girlfriend"

"Show me your ID",said the maniac as he pointed it's torch at John.

"It's in my wallet, okay? Take it easy"

"Hands where I can see em"

"I'm just gonna go for my wallet. I'm gonna put my phone down and reach for my wallet. Take it easy. Okay?", said John as he put his phone on the ground and handed the killer his wallet.

The man snatched the wallet when he studied it, then placed back it's torch on John who's hand was in the air.

"You live next door?"

"Yes, sir"

"Okay..ok"

The Maniac said as he turned off his torch and scoffed at John who was left confused.

"I am so sorry to scare you...There's been a.."

John stood up.

"Phew! Jesus! Um...."

"What the hell happened in there?",asked John.

"I don't know..um..I responded to a call. I got here and found the place like this. There was someone inside. He came running past me and knocked me cold. I woke up without my phone, my gun or my radio. I need to call for backup. Do you know who lives here?",the killer lied.

"Yeah..it's Maddie. Maddie Young. She's a friend of ours",replied John as he glanced at Maddie's house.

"Does she live alone?"

"Yeah. My girlfriend comes here all the time. I thought maybe..."

"What's her name?"

"Sarah. Sarah Greene",John frowned.

"Okay...Sarah. I'm sorry but can I use your phone to call for backup?"

"I should have call it in already but I just started this job, and when I got here.."

"Are you police?",asked a suspicious John.

"Deputy. Just barely, though. I can call the sheriff, if I can just use your...?"