↦Chapter 3 : Picture Message

The psychopath took away Sarah's body while Maddie cleaned up her mess. She washed her hands when she wiped them and proudly stared at her kitchen. It was finally fresh and cleaned. She then made her way towards her couch when she felt her phone vibrated on the table. The moment she saw Craig's name pop into her cell phone, she placed her phone upside down where the lights were only flickering. The phone rang for a while when the ringing sound stopped.

She laid on the couch and tied up her hair into a small ponytail when she moved up her laptop and stared at the screen. She was in the document about the ending of her story. It read:

gravity of sleep. If only he could hold him at bay a little longer. When she did let her eyes open, even for just a moment, she show his shadow form, still as death, patiently staring out of the darkness

And it was then, as the music stopped and the stars started to spark back into the world, that Erin realized|

Maddie stared and smiled when she continued typing:

THAT SHE WAS A SHITTY WRITER

The main door of Maddie's house opened and the killer penetrated in when he saw her lying on the couch. He walked when he came behind her and took out the sharp knife. Maddie wasn't aware of his presence as she continued on typing:

AND IM GOING TO DIE OF OLD AGE BEFORE I PUBLISH A SECOND NOVEL

The masked killer tapped the knife blade into his hand but he remarked that Maddie still didn't turned around. Maddie was busy typing on her laptop:

La la la la
Bla bla bla
Ending suff
THE END
money now, please

Maddie laughed at herself when she read the last words. The killer made some more sounds with the knife when he annoyingly put it back into his pocket and was about to come closer to Maddie but he was interrupted by the loud ringing sound which appeared on Maddie's laptop. He trudged away.

Max
Calling...
Face time

Maddie smiled as she received her call.

"Hey squish",said happily her sister through the screen.

Hey Squash,she replied by the signs.

"What are you up?",she asked by speaking and making the signs as well.

Abandoning the novel. Joining the circus

"Going that well, huh?"

Maddie replied by showing a sign of being hanged and gun on the head.

Max laughed when the happy lady of brown hairs said:

"You still stuck on the ending?"

which one? I have seven, Maddie replied and rolled her eyes.

"Well, glad I could distract you"

Distraction abound. Craig texted me.

"Talk about bad ending. Did you talk to him?"

No, but almost

"It's been a year! Mom's keeps asking when you're getting back out there"

Maddie smiled:

I signed up for an online-dating site for the Deaf

"Aww, Loook at youu huh",she joked.

Nooo, there are four men in the whole area. Do not want. Not interested

"Miss the city yet?"

Never. Too loud out there

"Seriously, Maddie? Maybe you could come back. Live with me, I worry about you.."

While the two sisters were video conferencing, the killer seized the opportunity and stole up her phone from the kitchen.

"It's not good for anyone to be alone, Squish. Isolating yourself the way you do..."

isolation happened to me. I didn't pick it

"Who was that?"

Maddie frowned all confused.

"Behind you, I thought I saw something move..."

Maddie turned her gaze towards the kitchen when she replied back:

Oh! Probably the cat. Bitch escaped earlier. Thank you, I have to find her

Max laughed when she said:

"Love you squish"

love you squash

And Maddie ended the face call. She placed back her laptop on the couch when she decided to search for her cat. She took the cat's food and rattled the bowl around the kitchen but it couldn't be seen. She frowned when she emerged in her room where she searched for her under the bed but in vain. She then walked out into the room of her right and rattled the cat's food but still, no response.

She returned into the kitchen when she made her way upstairs into her study room. She glanced under the couch and the chair but to no avail. She sighed when she tiptoed down and opened the main door of her house where she rattled the bowl again. She waited but she felt slightly cold as the wind blowed inside when she placed back the cat's bowl to its place. Maddie wondered where the cat must have gone. She left the main door opened when she grabbed a green jacket and weared it.

She zipped up the zippers when she sat on the couch and looked into her laptop. She sighed as she read about what she had written when suddenly a new message poped onto her screen.

She frowned as she realise the message was from her phone:

Maddie's iphone
[Picture Message]

She opened up the message where she found pictures of herself sitting on the couch chatting with her sister. She gasped as she scrolled down and stared at the other pictures which showed herself walking with the cat's bowl around the room and the last picture taken from the main door of herself sitting and staring at the screen in her green jacket.

Maddie's mouth fell open and she could feel her heart pounding faster in her chest when she realised the picture was just taken a second ago. She slowly turned her gaze towards her main door which was opened. Fear ran down her spine as she got up from the couch and as she moved closer a few feet away towards her main door, she started breathing heavily as she saw the masked killer staring at her through the window from the outside.