↦Chapter 6 : Escape Plan

Maddie grapped some air and wiped up her tears when an idea flashed in her mind ; Sarah's phone. Maddie turned her gaze and rushed towards her bag when she took out her car keys. She tried turning on the alarm blare by pressing the button from her car key but it wasn't working.

She then crawled towards the cabinet when she tried to turn on her car from afar by placing her hand in the air and pressing the button again when her attempt failed. She cringed when she crawled towards the kitchen door but it still wasn't working. She left a breath when she frowned as she placed her hand on the doorknob and unlocked the door. She crawled outside on her knees when she hurriedly pressed the key button and to her luck, the alarm blared. Maddie rapidly crawled inside and locked the door when she hide behind the table and watched the killer trudged towards the vehicle.

She ran in a rate of knots when she opened her back door and lifted the window when she found her dead friend lying on a table. She had to let her body comming out through the window to let her hand reached Sarah's pocket. She grunted and ran her hands in Sarah's pocket but she couldn't find the phone.

The maniac broke the car's window when he placed his hand inside and turned off the alarm.

Maddie kept searching for the phone when the killer saw her and was about to reach her when Maddie frantically climbed inside when she closed the window on his fingers. The man howled but he lifted the window with all his strength while Maddie tried her best to closed it. The man was more stronger than her. She clenched her teeth and pulled down the window when she released it but grapped the hammer which was on the floor and hit it on the killer's hand. Maddie quickly locked up the window and looked at him.

The man gasped and scammed in pain when he removed the hammer which was digged in his flesh. He groaned when he glanced at Maddie and torn out a piece of cloth with his knife from the dead neighbour's outfit. He rapidly wrapped the cloth around his bloody hand when he whimpered. He lifted his eyes at Maddie who was breathing heavily towards the window when he took out Sarah's phone from his pocket and showed it to her.

He came closer towards the window and waved the phone. Maddie shook her head in disappointment. The killer smiled when he leaned towards her dead neighbour and took out one of her earing. He slid it his pocket and waved at Maddie. The lady stepped backward when she turned her back and walked. The maniac pounded on the window to get her attention but Maddie closed the backdoor when she walked into the kitchen.

Maddie gasped and she catched her breath as her heart was beating out of control. She was taking huge amount of air but kept her eyes open. She suddenly saw the killer walking outside. She quietly hide her body behind the kitchen table but she followed the guy's action. The maniac was searching for Maddie. He trudged from the back of the house when maddie rushed and hide on the wall beside the main door. She pulled down when she saw the killer walking from outside.

Maddie hide when there were footsteps approaching. The man pounded and looked through the glass. He travelled his eyes to the right then to the left but he couldn't saw the lady. Maddie was staring at him behind the wall when the man trudged and made his way towards the back of the house. Maddie moved silently when she unlocked the main door and stepped outside.

Her heart raced as she trudged silently without being caught. She tiptoed the stairs and was about to walk to her right when she saw the killer approaching. Maddie hide herself under the left space of the stairs when the killer walked and looked towards the main door again. He couldn't get a glimpse of the lady, he was confused. Maddie placed her hand under the wood of the stairs to feel his footsteps when the man stopped and listened. Maddie placed her hand on her mouth to stop herself from breathing heavily.

The man decided to leave when he tiptoed down the stairs and walked towards the left side of the house. Maddie stared at him as he walked away when she came out and ran. She finally thought she could escaped from him when out of the blue an arrow hit one of the trees. The man adjusted the next arrow in his crossbow when Maddie turned and scurried back to her house. The moment she closed the door, an arrow came as a blot from the blue. She fell on the floor and gasped. The maniac approached towards the door when he removed the arrow from the glass. He tapped the flex on the glass and smiled at Maddie. The latter returned him a sharp look.