↦Chapter 5 : Dead Neighbour

Maddie was a state of shock and she was such in a dicey situation that she didn't knew if she would survived. She gulped when she made her way quietly towards the kitchen when she grapped a knife. She then kneeled when she grapped a hammer from the cabinet and slowly stood up. She looked around herself and most importantly from the outisde. She needed to make sure the killer wouldn't see her. She slowly walked into her room when she closed the door and pushed the huge table towards it. Maddie grunted when she rushed and drew the curtains of the two windows to not allow even a single light pass through into the room.

She sat on the floor next to the huge window when she gathered some air. She drew the curtain and peeked outside when she turned her gaze to her original place; the door. She firmly held the two tools in her hand, looking fixedly towards the door. She wasn't really sure about whatever she was doing but if the killer tried to open the door, she would certainly try to defend herself. She was left with no choice, she had to mustered the courage, she thought.

All of a sudden, she was interrupted from her thoughts as she saw a shadow from the dim light of her left. It looked like a hand from the reflection which was banging on the window. Maddie bit her lip and she was in a cold sweat as the banging kept going. She gradually stood up on her knees and turned her gaze towards the window when her eyes growed bigger as she saw her dead neighbour Sarah covered with blood banging her hand on the window. Maddie's heart skipped a beat and she gasped as she saw the maniac behind which was holding the hand of Sarah banging on the glass. Maddie walked backward and the hammer as well as the knife fell from her hand. She did a double take to what she just saw but the shock left her rooted on the spot.

As she slowly made her way backward, she pushed aside the table which was placed between her and the door. She kept staring at the murderer who waved the hand of Sarah at her as he smiled and mocked. Maddie placed her hand from her back as she opened the door and threw her body on the floor as she sat and started sobbing uncontrollably. She cried her heart out and she was so shaken by the fact that her neighbour was no more.